Dr.fone Review-Does It Really Work?
Today, we are going to give a complete and unbiased Dr.fone Review. If you are going to try Wondershare Dr.fone, you should get a lot of from this review.
Wondershare Dr.fone gains its name by saying that it can recover lost data on iPhone and Android. But what Dr.fone really is? Is this program really capable of recovering deleted files from your mobile phone?
Let’s get started.
Dr.Fone Review: What is it?
Dr.fone is a series products of Wondershare, an international software company which is devoted to providing the leading PC and mobile applications for both individual and business users.
Dr.fone started out as a simple iOS repair and recovery kit. But now, it is an all-around software for managing data on your iOS and Android devices.
Expect for recovering deleted or lost data from your phone, this program can also help with transferring and backing up data on your phone.
Additionally, Dr.fone offers a number of useful tools such as lock screen removal, rooting, screen recording, and more to help manage your phone or tablet.
Who is Dr.fone For – Main Features of Dr.fone
Since there is a series of products in Dr.fone toolkit, Dr.fone is for anyone who wants to recover or manage data on their phone.
Here’s the list the Dr.fone products and their main features.
1. Data Recovery – Recover lost data from iOS devices, iTunes/iCloud backup, Android devices (broken Android included), and SD card.
Our Test: In our iPhone photo recovery test, Dr. Data Recovery can only “recovered” photos that were still on the device itself, including the photos in trash folder. Also, the program can scan contacts, messages and so on.
Tip: If you intend to use Dr.fone to help you recover specific lost or deleted files on your phone, download the free trial before purchasing it. If the software does not find the deleted files with the free version, it will not find them with the paid version either. So you won’t waste money.
2. Phone Manager – Transfer photos, videos, contacts, messages, contacts between iOS/Android devices and computer.
Our Test: We use it to transfer photos from iPhone to computer quickly and successfully.
3. Phone Backup – Backup iOS/Android devices to computer. Restore the local, iTunes, and iCloud backup to any devices.
Our Test: We test backing up iPhone videos. The program can scan almost all data on your phone. Then, you can selectively export or backup any type of data you want successfully. We didn’t test the restore function.
4. Data Eraser – Wipe out data on iOS/Android devices perpetually. 100% irrecoverable.
Our Test: In our test, Data Eraser can delete the data you selected. However, if you want to remove all data on your phone completely, you still need to do factory resetting.
5. Phone Transfer – Migrate all data including contacts, messages, photos, call history, etc. from one phone to another in 1 click.
6. WhatsApp Transfer – Transfer WhatsApp messages across any 2 Android or iOS devices. Backup and restore WhatsApp, Viber, Wechat, LINE, etc.
7. Screen Unlock – Get rid of lock screen from iOS/Android devices, including 6 or 4-digit password, PIN, Face ID, etc. Remove Apple ID from iOS 11.4 or earlier.
8. System Repair – Fix iOS and Android system problems quickly, such as black screen, boot loop, etc.
Dr.fone Review: Pros And Cons
- Dr.fone has the highest data recovery rate in the industry, but please note that the recovery rate is still very low. Test it before purchasing.
- You can preview your data before executing the data recovery, transferring or backup.
- It is an all-around toolkit that can solve most of phone management problem.
- Phone Manager and Phone Transfer are especially useful for iOS users to transfer files between devices easily and quickly.
- Not all files are recoverable.
- The download process is quite slow.
- Money-back guarantee is not really guaranteed.
- Customer service is available all the time via email, but they not always reply you with useful information.
The pricing of Dr.fone is a little confusing because every products in this series has different price and the licenses are sold for 1 year or for lifetime. Here’s the details. The different bundles are priced like this:
For Android and Windows Users (Annual Plan)
- Dr.Fone – Android Toolkit -$79.95
- Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) – $39.95
- Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (Android) – $39.95
- Dr.Fone – System Repair (Android) – $29.95
- Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android) – $29.95
- Dr.Fone – Phone Transfer (iOS & Android) – $21.95
- Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer (iOS & Android) -$19.95
- Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android) -$14.95
- Dr.Fone – Data Eraser (Android) – $14.95
For iOS and Windows Users (Annual Plan)
- Dr.Fone – iOS Toolkit – $99.95
- Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS) – $59.95
- Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) – $49.95
- Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) – $39.95
- Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (iOS) – $29.95
- Dr.Fone – Phone Transfer (iOS & Android) – $21.95
- Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer (iOS & Android) – $19.99
- Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS) – $19.95
- Dr.Fone – Data Eraser (iOS) – $19.95
- Dr.Fone – iTunes Repair – $19.95
Tips: Usually you can get discount if you buy these products during some holidays, such as Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
Dr.fone Review: The Verdict
Wondershare has focus on the mobile and PC software filed more than 10 years. Their products has better reputation in the industry and Dr.fone is one of its most popular toolkit.
However, when you check the reviews of Dr.fone online, you will find that it has so many positive reviews from publishers and professionals, but more bad reviews from its users? Why? I believe there are main reasons.
- The product is imperfect. I must say all products are imperfect. However, if take Dr.fone Data Recovery as an example, users have the reason to be angry. When you read the description on Dr.fone’s official website, it seems that you can recover almost anything on your phone. Then, you purchase the software but found that most of the files you want to recover are unrecoverable.
- Human Nature. People heed negative reviews more than positive ones. Also, customers who have a bad experience are twice to three times more likely to write an angry review than customers who had a great experience are to post a happy review.
- Promotion. Some posts from publishers and professionals are really unbiased while some posts on the internet are promoted by Dr.fone itself. Unbiased posts will mention the pros and cons at the same time and take them equally important, but promotional post will mainly describe the positive side of the products.
Personally, we believe Dr.fone is a good toolkit to help you to recover, restore, protect, transfer, or manage your mobile data quickly and easily. Also, we think it is especially useful for elder people.