Discord IP Resolver: How to Get Someone’s IP From Discord
“Some jackass are threatening to find my IP from discord & track me down. Obviously, he’s an idiot and I gave no credit for this. But I’m wondering, is it even possible? To find a discord users IP address?” – From a Reddit User
1. Is it possible to get someone’s IP from Discord?
Officially, Discord doesn’t offer you any information about users’ IP address.
However, it doesn’t mean that there is no way to get someone’s IP from Discord. If you send data to others directly, they can know your IP address. Also, some users often use malicious links in chats to trick users into clicking on them. Once you click on the link, your IP address is likely to be exposed.
2. What Is A Discord IP Resolver and How Does It Work?
A Discord IP resolver, Discord IP finder or Discord IP Grabber is a tool which finds the IP address of a certain user.
However, you cannot get someone’s IP from discord using Wireshark. In addition, there is no Discord IP resolver can help you to get discord IP address from others. Don’t believe in any discord IP finder tools in the internet.
3. What To Do If Someone Pulls Your IP from Discord?
It is dangerous if someone obtain your IP address.
Hackers who obtain your IP address can get ahold of some very valuable information about you, including your city, state, and ZIP code. With this location data, hackers can find out other personal information about you.
You can’t stop someone from using your IP address if they have it. However, you can change your IP address any time you want.
Assuming you’re working at home, the easiest way to change your address is to unplug your router for five minutes and then plug it back in. Once it starts up, you’ll have a new IP address.
You can also change your IP address on the device itself, and the process is just as easy. Of course, the specific steps will depend on what type of device you’re using.
To change your address on a Windows device:
- Press the Win+R keys at the same time.
- In the Run box that appears, type Cmd and hit Enter.
- Type Inconfig /Release.
- When the text stops scrolling, type Inconfig /Renew.
If you’re changing the address on a Mac:
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced.
- On the next screen, click TCP/IP.
- Click Renew DHCP lease.
To change your address on an Android device:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose Connections.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Select the network you’re using.
- Choose Forget.
- Log on to the network again, and you’ll have a new address.
To change your address on an iPhone:
- Find Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Select the network you’re using currently.
- Under the IPv4 address, select Configure IP.
- Click Automatic.
To keep yourself safe online, it is also recommended that you hide your true IP address. This can be done through setting up a virtual private network, or VPN.
4. How to Find Someone’s IP Address
There are a few different reasons why you might want to find someone’s IP address. Maybe you need to create a secure connection between two devices or allow someone access to your business’s network. Perhaps you want to block an IP address or blacklist a device while remaining anonymous. Or maybe you want to trace someone online to find the person’s physical location.
If you need to find someone’s IP address, you can ask them for it. Searching “What’s my IP” on Google pulls up the information, allowing someone to copy and paste the address to you.
If you want to find a website IP address, just use command prompt on Windows devices. The only thing you need to do is to open the command prompt and on the DOS screen, type “ping” <space> “the address of the website you want to trace” and then hit enter.
5. How to IP Ban Someone in Discord?
In discord, all bans are automatically IP-based. This means that as soon as you ban someone from your Discord server, no one using that particular IP address will be able to enter. Here is how to IP ban someone in Discord.
- Launch Discord from either the desktop app, mobile app, or https://www.discordapp.com.
- You’ll need to sign in with your credentials to access the server.
- Once logged in, select the server from along the left side of the screen. They will be listed there starting just below the Discord icon located at the top.
- Locate the user you want to ban from the server by clicking on the channel they are currently in.
- You should be able to see the members who are in the VoIP channels just by looking at the main panel. To find members in text chat channels, you’ll have to click on them.
- When you find the user, either in the VoIP channel or text, right-click that user’s name to pull up a menu.
- From the menu, at the bottom, you should see Ban (username). Left-click this to bring up another dialog box.
- The pop-up will ask you to confirm your decision to ban the user.
- Click Ban to confirm and permanently remove that user’s IP address from having access to your Discord server.
Don’t try to hack someone’s IP address from Discord. In contrast, others cannot know your IP address from Discord unless you tell them. However, when you click some links from others, you may expose your IP address. So, don’t click the link sent from strangers.
More about Discord: