12 Apps Like Whisper for Anonymous Chat on iPhone & Android
Whisper is a secret-sharing app that lets you share photos, messages, and other weird confessions to the public anonymously. Want to find more apps like Whisper? Our list of apps like Whisper is going to provide you with 12 other excellent anonymous chat apps for iPhone and Android.
Without any further delay let’s find out.
1. Jodel – Local Student Community
In the list of apps like Whisper, it comes to a potential app Jodel. Jodel is an anonymous chatting and media sharing app that links you with the people in your locality. With the help of the app, you can discover all the hottest news, events, stories, and jokes in the surrounding community.
On Jodel, you can:
- Post messages and photos to everyone around you
- Vote on posts and decide what your city talks about
- Discover in real-time what’s happening in your city
- Connect with people around you who share your interests
- Easily get and provide useful local information
- Share events, news, discussions, jokes and even your personal funny experiences with others
Tips: If you were once an avid user of Yik Yak, Jodel can also be a good Yik Yak alternative.
2. Chatous – Chat with New People
Chatous is another popular anonymous chat apps. There are multiple chat rooms for discussions. All the conversations are private and will be erased after a couple of days.
Main Features of Chatous:
- Your identity can be protected by anonymity, or you can always change your display name, and no one can find you on the search engine.
- When you are tired of being anonymous, you can video chat or send an audio message to the one that interests you.
- Find people interested in topics you care about by posting or selecting a #hashtag. You’ll be connected with someone who chose the same tag.
3. Psst! Anonymous – Meet Like-Minded People Anonymously
Psst! Anonymous is for those who want to meet like-minded people around the world anonymously. This app allows you to share news, opinions, secrets, confessionals, daily life experiences, funny jokes and photos openly, secretly, confidently or anonymously.
Main features of Psst! Anonymous:
- Vote, comment and private (anonymous) message others without revealing your true secret identity.
- Secretly follow the posts you find interesting and receive notifications when that person posts again. But you never know who you’re following and they don’t know you’re following them!
- Share your favorite posts to other apps without the person’s identity.
- Posts on Psst stay active for 48 hours then disappear forever.
4. Connected2.me – Chat Anonymously
The connected2.me app is another alternative app for whisper. It allows you to chat with new people online anonymously. This anonymous chat app uses GPS to provide you with a handful of profiles nearby. Simply tap on a profile and chat with them directly.
Main features of Connected2.me:
- Connect with different people from all over the world and chat with them
- It comes with a shuffle feature that allows you to see who is online and who is free for a chat
- You are free to share your secrets, confessions, and gossip
- You can confess your feelings, your thoughts, and emotions freely without being judged by anyone
5. Friend Shoulder – Vent and Advice Anonymously
Do you have any problems, difficulties, something to worry about, need to vent, or do you want advice? This is your application! You can put out everything that leaves you with anguish, anxiety, sadness, fear, upset or depressed on the app. Then, other participants will give you advice, or you can talk through the chat directly. All the vents and requests for advice are anonymous
Main features of Friend Shoulder:
- The app allows you to vent out all your anger, anxiety, problems, sadness, fear, and depression.
- Several categories separate the vent, and you are allowed to choose the category you belong to.
- Use the chat to meet new friends privately and anonymously.
6. Yolo – Anonymous Q&A
Yolo which stands for ‘you only live once’ is an anonymous question and answer app that is used within Snapchat. Users can post anonymous questions and comments on a Snapchat story and also attached an image. Once you have linked the app to a Snapchat account, it prompts you to ‘get anonymous messages’ and create a question to prompt others to ‘Send me honest messages’.
Main features of Yolo:
- YOLO allows users to add an “ask me anything” sticker to their Snapchat story, encouraging other users to send anonymous questions.
- Users can privately review questions before deciding which one they want to answer and who to share it with, along with the ability to attach a selfie.
- Create and invite friends to chat in a group!
7. Tellonym – Honest Q&A, Feedback
The next one in the row for the list of apps like Whisper is Tellonym. Tellonym allows users to send messages through the platform, both anonymous and non-anonymous.
Main features of Tellonym:
- Users can ask and answer questions about each other anonymously.
- Users can follow each other and send each other anonymous messages.
- Tellonym app can be linked to a user’s Instagram, Snapchat, or Twitter account, allowing you to get inbound anonymous messages from their friends and strangers.
8. ASKfm: Ask Anonymous Questions
ASKfm is one of the best Whisper alternatives that allow you to post and upload questions and leave comments on other people’s posts. You can pose your queer questions anonymously along with other millions of questions asked in the platform. Today, ASKfm has 180 million monthly unique users across 150 different countries.
Main features of ASKfm:
- ANONYMITY: discover the secrets of your friends, classmates, and people nearby. Anonymously or openly — the choice is yours
- QUESTIONS: 11000 questions per minute are asked in ASKfm. You can ask questions anonymously or openly to any friend, classmate, or even a stranger.
- ANSWERS: answer the questions from your friends, acquaintances, classmates, or anonyms. Disclose your secrets or create intriguing answers so that your friends are curious to know the details.
9. Vent – Express your Feelings
Vent is another app for those who want to express themselves anonymously. It helps you connect to a supportive, positive, and understanding community, making it easy to share your true feelings with people around the world.
Main features of Vent:
– Express your true self with a broad range of emotions and colors in the app!
– Make friends and chat privately in real-time without sharing personal contact information
– Join Groups to connect with other people that share similar interests and experiences
10. CuriousCat – Anonymous Q&A
In the list of apps like Whisper which works on completely anonymous social networking basis, CuriousCat is the next inclusion. CuriousCat is an anonymous Q&A social network, boasting millions of users worldwide. Using it, you will be able to ask or reply to those burning questions that would be a bit awkward to put across friends, or even your spouse.
Main Features of CuriousCat:
- Thanks to anonymous questions and answers, you can ask that burning question without feeling ashamed.
- Unlike some relevant apps, you can’t discover nearby people.
- It doesn’t back third-party options like Facebook or Twitter for logging in.
11. Honestly – Anonymous Chat
This is another great apps that can be used to find out how your friends feel about you. With the app, you can meet new friends, discover yourself, and ask questions anonymously.
Main features of Honestly:
- “Honestly” does not require an account registration. You do not need to log in or create a personal profile.
- This is a place where you can anonymously express yourself through words and pictures.
- When you are on the campus, in the office or anywhere, you can easily see posts from people near you.
12. Confess – Share Secrets
And the last option which I would like to mention as one of the Whisper alternatives apps is Confess which is a secrets sharing platform. Confess is an anonymous localized social network to share thoughts anonymously. Please note that this app is only available on Android.
Main features of Confess:
- Post confessions anonymously
- Read confessions from friends, from people around (local confessions) or just the popular ones
- Chat with the person posting a confession or a comment anonymously
- Create your own private confession group – College friends, Tuition friends, Gaming friends, Beer friends and more
Closure- Apps Like Whisper
Apart from the listed ones, there are many apps like Whisper available online to go anonymous and interact. You can use them to share your thoughts, feelings, emotions, secrets, and everything that troubles you without being judged.
However, removing identity could potentially lead to bullying, especially among teens. Therefore, when you are going anonymous and connecting people on these platforms, be careful while sharing information and never let them know about your personal information like address, bank account details, etc. When you are well aware of how to use these apps, they would prove to be exciting and interesting.