Blinkist vs GetAbstract Review: Which Book Summary Site Better
Blinkist and GetAbstract are both well-known services that summarize non-fiction books. A typical book might take between 4 to 10 hours to read or listen to. That is a long time to invest to learn something new. Book summary services distill the key messages and takeaways from the book and transform them into much shorter versions.
In this post, we compare Blinkist to GetAbstract and try to help decide which is best for you.
|Summaries||eBook, Audiobook, Analysis||eBook, Audiobook|
|Summary Collection||20,000+||3,000 +|
|Summaries / month||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Blinkist vs GetAbstract: Features
Blinkist is ‘try before you buy’ book summary app for desktop and mobile where you can read or listen to 15-minute summaries of over 3,000 non-fiction books across a range of categories.
- Excellent bite-sized summaries of popular books
- A growing library of book titles
- Unlimited access to their catalog with a premium membership
- No added costs or upsells
- Ability to highlight key sections
- Able to read on a kindle
- Able to read or listen to the audio version
- Accessible offline
GetAbstract is laser-focused on business-oriented books. It goes deep with over 20,000+ offerings across over 350 categories from leadership to corporate culture, that specifically pertains to business. GetAbstract’s summaries are pretty short at 10 minutes.
- Over 20,000 book summaries
- Professionally summarized & narrated
- Book analysis also available
- Unlimited access audiobooks
- Perfect for businesses & teams
Blinkist vs GetAbstract: Kindle Support
GetAbstract has kindle support. Setting up Kindle account is bit complicated though. It cannot be done through app; you need to do it through the browser.
Kindle support is also available. Link your amazon account by going to Blinkist website or through the App directly.
Blinkist vs GetAbstract: Audio Playlists
One of the best feature of the Blinkist is that all titles are available in bite-size audio and text, perfect for quick knowledge hits when you’re on the go.
Audio is divided into chapters called Blinks. Every blink covers a unique insight of the book. Blinkist shows text and audio summaries in one list. Filters can be used to show different status of the books.
Not every book has the audio file. But GetAbstract also supports the playlist option if the book has the audio.
Blinkist vs GetAbstract: Available Categories
Browsing Blinkist, you’ll notice a “Discover” option in the library. Once you click it, you’ll be greeted with a large category overview.
Blinkist has a total of 27 categories covering a wide range of topics and interests. These categories are:
- Corporate Culture
- Money & Investments
- Sex & Relationships
- Biography & Memoir
- Health & Nutrition
- Management & Leadership
- Technology & the Future
- Society & Culture
- Nature & Environmental
- Marketing & Sales
- Personal Development
- Communication Skills
- Motivation & Inspiration
- Mindfulness & Happiness
- Religion & Spirituality
- Career & Success
GetAbstract has 24 channels which includes:
- Life Advice
- Workplace Skills
- Personal Development
- Social Skills
- Women in Business
- Human Resources
- Corporate IT
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Communication
Blinkist vs GetAbstract: Price Plans
There are three payment options for Blinkist:
- A monthly subscription for $15.99/month.
- A yearly subscription for 99.99/year, or $8.34/month.
- A group yearly subscription for up to 10 individuals for $549/year. This works out to $54.90/year per person or $4.58/month.
How Can I Get Blinkist for Free? By using their Free Daily website, you can read one free book summary, or listen to it, every day. You visit the link, put it in your bookmarks, and you’ll be able to read a new book summary every day.
GetAbstract has two main plans — Starter Plan and Pro Plan. The Starter Plan is $99/year and the Pro Plan is $299/year. For more details on the plans check out the pricing section
Does GetAbstract offer a free version? GetAbstract offers a 1-year free membership (Starter Plan) to students. You’ll need to provide proof of your enrollment to claim your membership. For all other individuals, GetAbstract offers a 3-day trial.
Blinkist vs GetAbstract: Verdict
3 Reasons Why GetAbstract is Better Than Blinkist
- Library Size: GetAbstract has over 20,000 titles vs Blinkist with 3,000 titles.
- Summary Service: GetAbstract offers not just eBook & Audiobook summaries but analysis of the meaning of books also.
- Language Supported: GetAbstract supports multiple languages including English, German, Spanish, Chinese, French, Portuguese and Russian.
2 Reasons Why Blinkist is Better Than GetAbstract
- Audiobook Playlist: Blinkist may only have a library of 3,000 titles, but all of them are guaranteed to have an Audiobook summary, unlike GetAbstract, who only has a small minority of Audiobooks.
- Pricing: Blinkist is incredible value for money, on a yearly contract it costs only $99, compared to Getabstract at $299
As for me, GetAbstract is better than Blinkist. How about you?