HelloSign vs DocuSign: Is HelloSign better than DocuSign?
What is better HelloSign or DocuSign?
There is more than a few e-signature software on the market. As more and more people are working remotely or dealing with clients and colleagues in different locations, Electronic signature software is essential. However, how to choose an e-signature software best for you?
In this article, we are going to compare two popular e-signature software – HelloSign and DocuSign side by side and help you make an informed decision.
HelloSign VS DocuSign: Product Overview
What is HelloSign?
Founded in 2011 as HelloFax, HelloSign is an eSignature solution that allows you to electronically request and add legally binding signatures to any document, from new hire agreements to loans, to NDAs. It offers numerous features, like automatic email reminders, flexible signing workflow, team management tools, bank-level security, templates, numerous integrations, and more.
HelloSign is available in an intuitive web interface, a developer-friendly API, or as a Salesforce add-on. There are also mobile apps, so documents can be signed from Android and iOS devices as well.
Dropbox acquired HelloSign in early 2019 for $230 million, in its first acquisition as a public company.
What is DocuSign?
DocuSign is an application designed to collect and manage digital signatures for the most important documents to your business — including contracts, budgets, purchase orders and partnership agreements. You can create, edit, send, sign, and save documents online. These documents can be sent from laptops, desktops, tablets, iPad, and mobile devices.
HelloSign VS DocuSign: Features
- Audit trail
- Auto Reminders
- Signer Attachment
- Customizable Templates
- Multi-Party Signing
- Document Analytics
- Task Progress Tracking
- Custom Branding (logo to docs and emails)
- Flexible Workflows (signing in a specific order)
- Security (Two-factor authentication)
- Mobile apps (Android and iPhone)
- Kiosk Mode – Only DocuSign
- Comment on docs – Only DocuSign
- Collect payments with forms – Only DocuSign
- Bulk send documents to be signed – Only DocuSign
Both HelloSign and DocuSign share similar features. However, there are a few features that HelloSign doesn’t support but DocuSign supports.
HelloSign VS DocuSign: Workflow
How Does HelloSign Works
Step 1. Automatic email reminders. You’ll get a notification each and every time someone signs your document. Select “Get Started” in the blue box.
Step 2. Sign your name. A green box will indicate where your signature is required. Each signing activity is recorded for each document.
Step 3. Confirm your signing. On the next screen, you will have to confirm that you “Agree” to sign the document. If you agree to the terms, your portion of the document will be complete and you will be directed to a final page.
How Does DocuSign Works
Step 1. Click the link in email. With one click, you can access the document and start the document signing process on virtually any internet-enabled device.
Step 2. Follow the DocuSign tabs. Tabs and simple instructions guide you through the signing process.
Step 3. Finish, and you’re done. Once you’re done signing, click Finish. That’s it! Once completed, both senders and signers have 24/7 anytime, anywhere access to the document. It’s stored online and can be downloaded and printed as needed.
HelloSign VS DocuSign: Pricing
HelloSign pricing ranges from free to $50 per user per month. You can save up to 25% if you choose to pay the annual subscription upfront. Here’s an overview of HelloSign’s plans and pricing:
- Free Plan – No templates can be saved. Up to 3 documents can be edited, sent, and signed each month. Only one sender can be involved.
- Pro Plan – $13 if you choose to pay annually and $15 if you choose to pay on per month basis. Unlimited document signing.
- Business Plan – $40 if you opt for annual billing and $50 for monthly billings. All of the Pro features are included, along with additional templates and multiple senders.
- Enterprise Plan – Pricing is available upon request. All of the Pro and Business features are included, as well as various extras, customer support (including phone support), and intuitive features.
DocuSign doesn’t offer a free plan to help users get started, but DocuSign’s individual plan costs $3 less than HelloSign at $10 per month. Here’s an overview of DocuSign’s plans and pricing:
- Personal – At $10 per month, the personal plan lets you sign 5 documents per month with basic fields. Mobile application available.
- Standard – $25 per month per user. All of the Personal features are included, as well as additional branding, notification, reminders, and other helpful attributes.
- Business Pro – $40 per user per month. All of the Personal and Standard features are included. you get unlimited document signing and sending with more advanced features like advanced fields, signer attachments etc.
- Advanced Solution – Pricing is available upon request. All of the Personal, Standard, and Business Pro features are included. The plan is customized to meet organizational needs. Additional extras, including improved customer support and advanced features are included.
HelloSign VS DocuSign: The Verdict
We recommend HelloSign to you if:
- You want the standard electronic signature features at a cheaper price;
- You value having more document editing features like navigating a document by page & keyboard shortcuts
We recommend DocuSign Sign to you if:
- You are a sales represent who want to close more deals faster with DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform;
- You need to sign documents in more languages (DocuSign supports 43 languages)
Is HelloSign or DocuSign better for you? If both HelloSign and DocuSign cannot meet your requirements, you can check 10 DocuSign alternatives.