My Honest Able App Review: Promise vs. Reality
Embarking on a journey to health and fitness is a personal endeavor, and having a unique approach tailored to individual needs can make all the difference. Enter the Able app – a digital diet assistant that aims to revolutionize your weight loss experience by delivering a personalized plan that aligns with your body’s unique requirements. Combining elements of psychology, gamification, and cutting-edge technology, it promises to make your health goals not only achievable but also enjoyable. However, is it really work?
This Able app review will delve into the key features of the Able app, its usability, and most importantly, what actual users are saying about their experience with the app.
What is the Able App?
Able app is a personalized digital assistant that uses psychology, gamification, and technology to make weight loss achievable, engaging, and fun. The app understands that everyone’s body is unique and that one size doesn’t fit all. So, it tailors a unique plan for each user, providing guidance and motivation to follow the plan and reach health goals.
How Does It Work?
Getting started with Able is straightforward. After downloading the app, you’re prompted to enter your personal data, including age, gender, height, current weight, and your weight loss goals. It then generates a unique calorie budget for you, which you need to adhere to achieve your weight loss goals.
The Able app takes a gamified approach to calorie counting, using coins as a unit of measurement. This creative method transforms the often tedious process of tracking calories into an enjoyable experience. It also provides immediate feedback on your meals, helping you adjust your diet as necessary and promoting a healthier lifestyle.
Main Features of the Able App
1. Personalized Diet Plan
Able provides customized diet plans based on your preferences and goals. Whether you’re focusing on high-protein diets, ketogenic diets, or paleo options, Able has you covered.
2. Calorie Tracking and Budgeting
Able employs a unique coin-based system to track calorie intake. It also educates you about calories and how to adjust your intake based on your physical activity.
3. Connectivity with Other Health Apps
Able can synchronize data from Apple Health, giving a more comprehensive picture of your health and fitness activities.
4. Professional Dietitian Consultation
A unique feature of Able is the ability to chat with a personal dietitian. This professional guidance can help optimize your diet and provide advice to reach your health goals more effectively.
5. Easy Meal Logging
With a built-in barcode scanner, logging meals is quick and easy. This feature simplifies tracking your daily calorie intake, enabling you to stay within your budget.
Able App Reviews from Its Users
The Able app, despite its promise of transforming the health and wellness landscape, has unfortunately garnered an underwhelming average rating of 1.4 on the Google Play Store. This disappointing score is a clear reflection of the overall negative sentiment of its user base.
In order to gain a more nuanced understanding of the reasons behind this lackluster reception, I delved deeper into the feedback of its users. I meticulously gathered and studied over 30 reviews posted on the Google Play Store. This comprehensive analysis helped in summarizing the key concerns and insights expressed by the users of the Able app.
Pros of Able App
- User-Friendly Interface: Users appreciated the intuitive and visually appealing design of the app.
- Calorie Counter: Some users found the calorie tracking feature to be useful and easy to use.
Cons of Able App
- Lack of Personalization: Users complained about not receiving the promised personalized meal and training plans.
- App Stability: Several users experienced crashes and bugs, leading to an overall negative user experience.
- Poor Customer Service: There were numerous complaints about unresponsive customer service, especially regarding billing issues.
- Subscription and Billing Issues: Many users reported being overcharged, finding it difficult to cancel subscriptions, and still being charged after cancellation.
- Misleading Advertising: Users felt misled by the claims of personalized plans and found the app to offer little beyond basic calorie tracking.
- Inefficient Coaching: Some users found the responses from the coach to be slow and generic, often providing links rather than direct answers to questions.
- Difficulty in Cancelling Subscription: Users found the process of cancelling their subscription to be complicated and time-consuming.
- Inefficient Meal and Exercise Logging: Users mentioned there was no option to save or copy previous meals, and the only way to add exercise was through Google Fit.
- Unauthorized Charges: Some users reported unauthorized charges continuing even after they had cancelled their subscriptions.
Given the overwhelmingly negative feedback, potential users should carefully consider these points before deciding to use the Able app.
Able App Cost
The first seven days of using Able are free, providing a risk-free opportunity to explore the app’s features and benefits. After the trial period, the app will automatically renew weekly subscription at a cost of $9.99. This subscription grants you uninterrupted access to all the app’s features for as long as your subscription remains active.
The cost may vary slightly depending on your region, so it’s best to check the app for the most accurate pricing information.
Is the Able App Your Key to Weight Loss Success?
In summary, the Able app holds significant potential with its personalized approach to weight loss and health management. Its unique features like a custom diet plan, an engaging calorie tracker, integration with other health apps, and professional dietary consultation offer a comprehensive solution for individuals looking to transform their lifestyle.
However, user reviews suggest that there may be several areas where the app falls short, including app stability, customer service, and subscription management. While the app’s cost seems reasonable, the overwhelming negative feedback and reported issues with unauthorized charges call for careful consideration before choosing the Able app as a wellness companion.