7 Best Omegle Alternatives for Random Chatting in 2023
Looking for Omegle alternatives?
Omegle is one of the most popular random chat website and app. I like it because it encourages people to meet new friends and to share common interests and hobbies without any barrier. I mean, you don’t even need a login — you can just open the site and start chatting away. However, the site has become home to fake users, scammers, and bots. In this case, many people want to find an app or a website like Omegle that allows them to random chat with strangers and make friends.
Let’s check them one by one.
- # 1. ChatRoulette – The Closet Website Like Omegle
- # 2. Ome.TV – No Ads at All
- # 3. Camsurf – Chat with People without Logging in
- # 4. TinyChat – Talk with Groups Who Share the Same Interests
- # 5. Meow chat – Dating/Hookup/Chatting with Strangers
- # 6. Holla – Live Random Video Chat
- # 7. Azar – The Korean Video Tinder
- Pro Tips: How to Avoid Free Video Chat Risks?
# 1. ChatRoulette – The Closet Website Like Omegle
Released in November 2009 by Andrey Ternovskiy, ChatRoulette is one of the closest website like Omegle.
Like Omegle, Chatroulette does not require you to become a member or sign up an account. All you need to do is entering the site and making sure that you have your webcam ready. And just like a roulette game, you will be paired with random strangers from all over the world. While paired with someone, each user gets the option to end the call whenever they please. Whenever the ‘end’ button is selected, you will automatically be paired with someone new. Celebrities like Justin Bieber and Paris Hilton have also appeared on Chatroulette.
The same with Omegle, users have two options for using ChatRoulette – Video chat and text chat. Most users will choose the first option, since this is the main feature of ChatRoulette.
Chatoulette’s daily user numbers have more than doubled from 50,000 to more than 120,000 as the world goes into lockdown over the coronavirus.
# 2. Ome.TV – No Ads at All
Ome.tv is the second Omegle alternative to video chat online and meet new friends, even while practicing social distancing.
Different from Omegle, you can download the Ome.tv app from Google Play and App Store. This app has over 10 million downloads on the Google Play Store, and is designed for users who are 17 or older.
OmeTV allows live contact via webcam with random other people across the world who have downloaded the same app. All you have to do is download the app, add your name and birthday, and you are ready to go! The best thing is that OmeTV doesn’t display any ads so you can enjoy the random conversations without getting popup ads.
# 3. Camsurf – Chat with People without Logging in
Camsurf is the third application where you can date, connect and talk with strangers. The same with Omegle, you video chat anonymously without registering or logging in.
It offers a lightweight and simple video chat platform, the ability to filter users by country, and a free mobile app for chatting on the go. The best thing is that you can find the people with the same likings as of yours due to the division of chat rooms.
Next on the list of Omegle similar sites is TinyChat.
Founded in 2009, TinyChat offers voice chat, instant messaging, and video chat services to connect people from all over the world.
To use TinyChat, you need to create an account first. Upon creating your account, you will be assigned a specific URL. Then, you can share your chat room by sending out your URL to your friends or random strangers.
The main way you get to see other members is to enter chat rooms and participate in the group broadcast. The most excellent feature of this chatting website is it allows you to talk with a group of people who share the same interests.
# 5. Meow chat – Dating/Hookup/Chatting with Strangers
The app Meow Chat describes itself as a fun way to chat and meet new friends. This app allows instant chatting with strangers from around the world. Also, it has built in location features to allow you to connect with “new people nearby”.
Meow Chat allows you to set up a profile that includes likes, interests, and relationship status so that you can find compatible chat mates more easily. You click on “random chat” and you are connected with a complete stranger who is either near you or anywhere around the world. You “fave” (follow) people and chat with them, too.
Meow Chat claims to be the “fastest growing social network with millions of members from every country”. Its Google Play page states that it has been downloaded between 500,000 and 1 million times for Android alone. The app is available on iOS but its download numbers are unknown.
# 6. Holla – Live Random Video Chat
HOLLA is a free, live video streaming app that randomly matches people in video chats across the globe. Once you sign up using a phone number or your Facebook account, you can get matched instantly with a stranger — and both you and they appear on camera. You can also enable location tracking to be paired with someone nearby. Every swipe can get you a different person to video chat with.
Holla has another unique feature – it has a voice mode integrated into its system, letting you call and talk to people who speak your language, so words are no longer a barrier.
Its Google Play profile touts, “With more than 30 million users from 190 countries around the world, you can meet new friends from different cultures and backgrounds worldwide, all through the unique experience of free video chat, free voice chat, and free text chat!”
This app is available for both iOS and Android devices for free.
# 7. Azar – The Korean Video Tinder
The last app similar to Omegle is Azar.
Azar is a Korean video-chat app, launched in 2014 by Samuel Ahn. After launching, it has exceeded 200 million cumulative downloads from 190 countries.
It works in a simple way: it enables you to live video chat with any Azar user, providing translation features to help along the conversation if there is a language barrier between you and your match. When you’re done talking, swipe for a new connection. Simple as that!
Unlike Omegle, which did little outside of video and text chatting with random strangers, Azar allows you to add contacts you like so you can chat again.
If you are looking for the application for pass your time and connect with the strangers even if you don’t know their language, Azar could be a good choice.
Pro Tips: How to Avoid Free Video Chat Risks?
To be honest, almost all of online video chat websites or apps have risks. Some of the risks of engaging in video chat include:
- Personal Information Leak: Personal information given in registration or during chat sessions can be used to assume an identity, whether it is the person you are chatting with or someone within earshot.
- Fake profiles: people with malicious intentions can easily open accounts with these chat apps, often without the need of any identity verification.
- Sexual abuse: When a user connects to another user there is no telling what will be on the other end. There is the risk of running across pornographic material.
- System security: Video chat is just another way that hackers can transmit malware into a user’s computer.
Then, how you can avoid these risks? Please follow the tips below:
- It is essential to read all the terms and conditions that come with a free online chat site or app before signing up for any of them. You should pay attention to the “Privacy” section.
- Protect your identity. Don’t choose an online ID that uses your real name
- Don’t give away personal information. Be suspicious if someone asks for personal information or even photos if you don’t know them.
- Don’t get together with someone you meet in a chat room. If you must, meet in a public place and bring along some friends.
- Don’t reveal your actual location or when and where you plan to hang out.
- If someone says or does something creepy — block them and don’t respond.
- Be careful when someone offers you something for nothing, such as gifts and money, be very careful about any offers that involve you coming to a meeting or having someone visit your house