SeatGeek Reviews 2021: Are SeatGeek Tickets Guaranteed?
“SeatGeek” is a name I hear all of the time, especially when I want to go out and have a good time. That’s because SeatGeek get me rid of the pain of getting tickets for events, concerts, sports and more!
Today we’re going to talk about SeatGeek, the feature-packed ticketing service. Keep reading for our full SeatGeek review and see if it right for you.
What is SeatGeek?
Founded in 2009 by Jack Groetzinger & Russell D’Souza, SeatGeek is a ticket aggregator and marketplace. This means that you can buy or sell event tickets on it. Their tagline does a good job of summing up what they do: “Life’s an event. We have the tickets.”
SeatGeek lists primary ticket inventory from Telecharge, Eventbrite and more. They are the primary ticket-holders for the MLS. In addition to buy tickets directly from events, you can also buy tickets from individuals selling tickets that they no longer need. Of course, if you don’t need a ticket any more, you can sell it on SeatGeek too.
SeatGeek is available on both computer and mobile phone. On computer, you can directly visit their official website. If you want to use in on your mobile phone, you can simply download the SeatGeek app from Apple App Store or Google Play.
How Does SeatGeek Work?
Step 1. Search tickets on SeatGeek. SeatGeek is a search engine for finding tickets to live events. You can use it to find tickets to concerts, sports, Broadway and comedy shows — pretty much any kind of local, ticketed performance. SeatGeek is actually a powerful aggregate which searches dozens of other ticket broker websites and then provides the results for their users in a single place, on a single list.
Step 2. Find the perfect seat. Once you have your search results, the website then provides you with “gorgeous interactive maps” which allow you to find the perfect seat.
Step 3. Deal Score. “Deal Score” is the most important feature of SeatGeek. This feature displays a score of 1 to 10.0 on every ticket that’s for sale, and gives you an idea of whether or not the price is a good deal or not. The score is based on a combination of the event’s popularity, the seat’s location, the historical prices of similar events, and several other factors.
Step 4. Pay for the ticket. When the time comes to pay for your tickets, SeatGeek stick to their transparent ethos and show all of the fees included in the total price. Their payment processor features the latest SSL encryption, so all of your financial details will remain safe.
Is SeatGeek Legit and Safe?
Launched in 2009, SeatGeek is a legit ticket platform that has sold millions of tickets for more than 10 years. Currently, SeatGeek has an A rating with the BBB (as of August 2020) with 3.5 out of 5-star rating from 205 reviews.
It is safe to buy tickets on SeatGeek. It works with companies that offer guarantees on their tickets, like Eventbrite, and requires third-party sellers to guarantee 120% of a ticket if it ends up being fake or double purchased. The company has transparent pricing and includes fees in the upfront cost, which makes it easy to understand exactly how much a ticket costs when comparing prices.
Is It Reliable to Buy Tickets on SeatGeek?
There are some negative reviews saying that SeatGeek is not reliable. Here are some complaints,
“My event that was scheduled March 30th 2020, was cancelled due to Covid 19. The website clearly states that in this case you would receive a 100% refund. Its July 21, 2020 and no refund.” – A user’s review on Trustpilot
“Tickets were not delivered when promised despite additional charges for overnight shipping… and piss poor customer service when we tried to get answers… run far – run fast, they’re a rip-off.” – A user’s review on Sitejabber
“Horrible experience. Events postponed from March and April due to corona virus had to officially be cancelled before issuing refunds. Ticketmaster honored the other event and refunded months ago. Instead of having my money refunded, I was granted a credit. Their refund policy is at their discretion. Still waiting on an email response over this from SeatGeek I’ll never do business with this company again.” – A user’s review on Google Play
After listing the complaints, we now check what SeatGeek guaranteed officially.
“All of the tickets sold on SeatGeek are backed by our Buyer Guarantee”, and here is the SeatGeek Buyer Guarantee.
- Your tickets will be delivered in time for the event.
- Your tickets will provide valid entry to the event.
- The tickets you receive will be the same as those you ordered.
- If any of these things do not occur, you will be provided with comparable or better tickets to the event, or offered a refund. Please contact SeatGeek immediately.
- If the event is canceled and not rescheduled, you will be refunded the full purchase price or issued a credit to be used for a future purchase to be determined in SeatGeek’s sole discretion. We will notify you that the event was canceled and provide instructions on how to obtain the refund or credit.
- If an event is postponed, you may use the tickets on the rescheduled date. If replacement tickets are required for entry to the event on the rescheduled date, SeatGeek will work to obtain replacement tickets for you. If you cannot attend the event on the rescheduled date, you are encouraged to list the tickets on SeatGeek. Except when replacement tickets are required, SeatGeek does not provide refunds for postponed or rescheduled events.
- SeatGeek will provide you support to answer any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the “Buyer Guarantee”, we know that you will get valid ticket and you’ll at least get 100% refund if the event is canceled.
Some users’ reviews are quite different from the SeatGeek buyer Guarantee. Here’s my experience.
I use SeatGeek to buy 2 Comedy show tickets. I search the tickets on the SeatGeek apps, compare them, find perfect seats and pay for them. I think I get a great deal on the tickets. It gives me the seating view before purchasing and I find a seat that my heart desires. For me, there is no problem.
Generally, most of the complaints focus on refund. I think users to pay more attention to the issue. For buying ticket, SeatGeek is reliable.
SeatGeek Review: Pros & Cons
Pros of SeatGeek
- Trustworthy website that only lists tickets from partners that it verifies.
- Tickets available for all major games, concerts, and events
- SeatGeek is a ticket aggregator that lists tickets from other marketplaces so it means that you don’t have to waste time opening up ten different websites to find the best price.
- Option to print tickets or use the digital, in-app barcode version.
- Transparent ticket prices and fees.
- Optimized site and app flows provide a solid user experience.
Cons of SeatGeek
- Some users have complained about refund process.
- Some users have complained about customer service.
SeatGeek Review: Bottom Line
SeatGeek is a great way to buy tickets online. It offers wide selection of tickets and their “Deal Score” can help you find great deals. In addition, their transparent policy for fees is a breath of fresh air in the world of reselling. Better yet, with SeatGeek, it is great for buying last minute tickets because it’s mobile-friendly and you don’t need to print tickets.
At the end of the SeatGeek review, I would recommend it if you need to buy or sell a ticket.
Want to find an alternative to SeatGeek? You can continue to read our post: