Top 10 Apps Like Vudu to Watch TV Shows and Movies Online
Vudu is a Walmart owned service that allows you to buy or rent movies. It also enables users to explore its massive collection of free movies and watch them online.
Like Vudu, there are many other video streaming platforms that allows you to watch TV shows and movies on your smartphone, tablet, or smart TV. Some of those services are even free to access, although they do have ads.
Here, we have compiled 10 apps like Vudu. Let’s take a look.
List of The 10 Best Alternatives to Vudu
#1. Tubi – Watch Movies & TV Shows
Tubi is a free app like Vudu. It offers thousands of on-demand movies and TV shows. As with most free streaming services, Tubi doesn’t offer the latest releases of major box office movies. Instead, the site featured some old classics such as A Fish Called Wanda and Robocop, and some newer movies such as Empire State.
The newest thing is Tubi Kids, which is meant, well, for kids, so you won’t even have to pick through the regular list to find something the tykes would like.
Price: Tubi is a 100% free
- Lots of movies and TV shows, including classics
- Educational shows for babies and preschool-age children
- Intuitive app and web streaming options
- New releases are usually B movies
- Most content is at least four years old
- Many titles not in HD and none in 1080p or 4K
- Most content is only available in the US
#2. Crackle – Movies & TV
Partially owned by Sony Pictures Television, Crackle offers a selection of movies and series from Sony subsidiaries and friends, as well as a smattering of original content. There are around 150 feature-length movies and 75 shows available on the platform. Binge watchers will have additional motivation with Crackle, as the content lineup changes monthly.
Price: Crackle TV is a completely free streaming service
- Quality original content from Sony
- No registration required to stream content
- The stuff isn’t as new as you’d want
- Doesn’t have full HD streams
Geo-blocked outside the US and Canada
🔥You May Also Like: 10 Free Apps Like Crackle: Best TV Streaming Services
#3. IMDb: Movies & TV Shows
IMDb TV is a spinoff of Amazon’s Prime Video – and it’s free too! It contains everything from movies to TV series to IMDb TV originals.
I especially like how this platform retained the essence of IMDb by displaying the shows and movies by their popularity and ratings. Also, it provides encyclopedic insight about more than 6.5 million movies and TV shows.
Price: Viewers can watch all of the content on the service for free
- Decent collection of TV shows and movies
- Supports multiple platforms and devices
- Only available in the US
- Not many hit shows
- No Roku channel
#4. Pluto TV – Live TV and Movies
Pluto TV is a free live-stream television and on-demand video service from ViacomCBS. It has more than 250 unique live channels that stream content — with commercial breaks — at no charge to the consumer.
Content providers range from Viacom properties like MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central to major news platforms like NBC, CBS and CNN.
- TV shows and movies in dozens of genres
- Easy to browse TV channels and movie listings
- Mobile apps cast to a smart TV
- Free to use, no registration needed
- The app doesn’t have a search function
- Need an account to customize your experience
- Ads play multiple times
- GEO-blocked outside of the US
🔥You May Also Like: 10 Free Streaming TV Apps Like Pluto TV in 2021
#5. Popcornflix™ – Movies & TV
Popcornflix is another great Vudu alternative which offers you a 100% free stream and that too legally! That means you can watch free movies and shows, and you do not have to get involved in the world of piracy anymore. The Popcornflix streaming app uses ads to make money. In return, you get to explore a huge range of movies and shows to stream and download for free.
The range includes a Hollywood collection of over 700 movies to stream anytime, anywhere! You don’t even have to sign up or take any subscriptions to access the content. The Popcornflix free movies collection includes content genres such as Sci-FI, Comedy, Romance, Action, and more.
- A good range of movies and TV series
- Signup process is optional
- Available in more than 60 countries
- Video quality might not be up to 2021 standard
- Geo-blocked outside the US
Best for: Disney fans and families
It is a great Vudu alternative if you have kids, with tons of classic and current family movies and TV shows to watch under one service. You can watch nearly all the Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel Cinematic Universe movies on Disney Plus as well.
Price: $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year, or bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu for $13.99 per month.
- Disney, Star Wars, Marvel content
- Supports family sharing and parental controls
- Allows offline downloading
- Easy-to-navigate interface, with 4K HDR available for some titles
- No big original hits beyond The Mandalorian and WandaVision
- Little customization of kids’ profiles
- Unlike HBO Max, the biggest theatrical movies cost extra at first
#7. Hulu: Stream movies & TV shows
Best for: Content Blend
Hulu is another excellent app like Vudu.
It offers various shows and movies both old and new, and even Hulu originals. What makes Hulu special is that it releases new episodes of some of the most popular shows around a day or so after they are aired on TV.
Price: Plans start at $5.99 per month with commercials; $9.99 without commercials; and Hulu plus live TV for $54.99 per month. You can also sign up for a bundle with Disney+ and ESPN+ starting at $13.99 a month for all three, plus an additional charge for ad-free Hulu.
- Good collection of familiar shows and programs
- New shows available immediately as they air
- Access to local channels
- Robust cloud DVR option
- Can bundle with Disney+ and ESPN+
- No offline option
- Add-ons add-up in price
- Only two simultaneous streams in the base subscription
- Only available in thew US and Japan
#8. Peacock TV: Stream TV & Movies
Best for: hit TV shows and movie nostalgia fans
Peacock’s biggest feature is that much of its content is free to stream (with ads), so you can watch classic series like Parks and Recreation, Two and a Half Men, Battlestar Galactica, and more. It’s also the exclusive streaming home for Parks and Recreation and The Office in the US, and more recently, it added WWE pro wrestling, including access to its pay-per-view events.
Price: If you want to watch even more content, and Peacock originals like the reboots of Saved by the Bell and Punky Brewster, you can pay $4.99 a month for Peacock Premium (with ads) or $9.99 a month (without ads). There is a seven-day free trial available.
- Over 13,000 hours of free content
- Live channels
- Next-day access to a few NBC shows
- Set parental controls
- Full access to major shows, originals and live sports isn’t free
- Few original series or movies from the past decade
- Missing features like mobile downloads for all tiers and 4K HDR
#9. Philo: Live & On-Demand TV
Best for: People who watch reality and drama TV but can live without live sports, cable news and broadcast stations
Philo is a live TV streaming service like Vudu, Hulu Live and Sling TV.
However, Philo sets out to do something special — something a little different from what our other favorite live TV streaming services do. By skipping sports, news, and local networks, Philo is able to keep prices low on all of the other sorts of channels that pay TV services can offer: movie channels, reality TV networks, and so on.
Price: For $25 per month, a Philo subscription provides access to more than 60 popular broadcast and cable channels. There is no contract or cable box required.
- 63-channel lineup
- Reliable streaming performance
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage is included at no additional cost
- Up to 3 concurrent streams and 10 user profiles on one subscription
- No local or sports coverage, few news channels
- Price jumped from $20 to $25 in June 2021
🔥You May Also Like: 16 Best LIVE TV Streaming Apps Like Philo in 2021
#10. Sling: Live TV, Shows & Movies
Best for: Foreign-language speakers
Sling TV is the top international TV service in the U.S., offering South Asian (Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Urdu, and many more), Middle Eastern (Arabic), European (French, German, Greek, Italian, and Polish), South American (Brazilian), and East Asian (Cantonese, Mandarin, and Taiwanese) channels in dozens of languages, plus international sports packages (cricket, soccer, and other world sports).
Price: Sling offers three packages: The Orange Package, the Blue Package and the Combination Orange/Blue package. The Sling Orange package is only $20 a month and offers roughly 28 channels. Sling’s Blue Package costs $25 a month and offers 44 channels. The channels on Sling Blue are different from the channels on Sling Orange. You can also get a combination of the two packages for $40 a month.
- Good selection of channels
- Flexible subscription options
- Reliable streaming performance
- Movie rentals available
- No contracts
- Limited offering of local channels and regional sports networks
- Package options can be confusing
While Vudu provides users with a wide range of TV shows and movies to choose from, the service may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Not to mention, it is not totally free.
Fortunately, there are 10 apps like Vudu to keep everyone entertained. Each Vudu alternative offers a variety of TV shows and movies, making it impossible to not find the perfect service for you.