10 Free Streaming TV Apps Like Pluto TV in 2024
I’m an avid user of Pluto TV. It gives me the chance to cut the cord but watch my favorite shows and movies without paying a penny.
Over these years, many free streaming TV apps like Pluto have emerged. This list of 10 free streaming apps like Pluto TV can help you save money by dumping cable.
All the apps below can be downloaded from the official Google Play Store (for Android) or Apple App Store (for iOS).
Check them out.
10 Apps Like Pluto TV That Are Worth Trying
#1. Tubi – Watch Movies & TV Shows
The first app comes to my mind as an alternative to Pluto TV is Tubi TV.
Tubi offers thousands of on-demand movies and TV shows. As with most free streaming services, Tubi doesn’t offer the latest releases of major box office movies. Instead, the site featured some old classics such as A Fish Called Wanda and Robocop, and some newer movies such as Empire State.
The newest thing is Tubi Kids, which is meant, well, for kids, so you won’t even have to pick through the regular list to find something the tykes would like.
Price: Tubi is a 100% free
- Lots of movies and TV shows, including classics
- Educational shows for babies and preschool-age children
- Intuitive app and web streaming options
- New releases are usually B movies
- Most content is at least four years old
- Many titles not in HD and none in 1080p or 4K
- Most content is only available in the US
🔥You May Also Like: Top 12 Apps Like Tubi TV to Watch Movies and TV Shows
#2. Crackle – Movies & TV
Partially owned by Sony Pictures Television, Crackle offers a selection of movies and series from Sony subsidiaries and friends, as well as a smattering of original content. There are around 150 feature-length movies and 75 shows available on the platform. Binge watchers will have additional motivation with Crackle, as the content lineup changes monthly.
With everything available for free, you should definitely try Crackle if you are looking for Pluto TV alternatives.
Price: Crackle TV is a completely free streaming service
- Quality original content from Sony
- No registration required to stream content
- The stuff isn’t as new as you’d want
- Doesn’t have full HD streams
- Geo-blocked outside the US and Canada
🔥You May Also Like: 10 Free Apps Like Crackle: Best TV Streaming Services
#3. Peacock TV: Stream TV & Movies
Peacock’s biggest feature is that much of its content is free to stream (with ads), so you can watch classic series like Parks and Recreation, Two and a Half Men, Battlestar Galactica, and more. It’s also the exclusive streaming home for Parks and Recreation and The Office in the US, and more recently, it added WWE pro wrestling, including access to its pay-per-view events.
Price: If you want to watch even more content, and Peacock originals like the reboots of Saved by the Bell and Punky Brewster, you can pay $4.99 a month for Peacock Premium (with ads) or $9.99 a month (without ads). There is a seven-day free trial available.
- Over 13,000 hours of free content
- Live channels
- Next-day access to a few NBC shows
- Set parental controls
- Full access to major shows, originals and live sports isn’t free
- Few original series or movies from the past decade
- Missing features like mobile downloads for all tiers and 4K HDR
#4. Vudu – Movies & TV
Vudu is a streaming service with a pay-as-you-go model, boasting a library of over 14000 movies and 1500 TV shows. There are no fees or subscription charges. Instead, you can rent or buy movies and shows. You’ll only be paying for what you watch.
While it’s a movie rental service, it still offers more than 5000 titles for free – as long as you put up with ads.
- Over 10,000 free movies and TV shows
- Has some original content, with more coming soon
- Child protection options
- Dated TV series options
- Most rentals only last 24 hours
- Geo-blocked outside the US
🔥You May Also Like: Top 10 Apps Like Vudu to Watch TV Shows and Movies Online
#5. IMDb: Movies & TV Shows
IMDb TV is a spinoff of Amazon’s Prime Video – and it’s free! It contains everything from movies to TV series to IMDb TV originals.
I especially like how this platform retained the essence of IMDb by displaying the shows and movies by their popularity and ratings. Also, it provides encyclopedic insight about more than 6.5 million movies and TV shows.
Price: Viewers can watch all of the content on the service for free
- Decent collection of TV shows and movies
- Supports multiple platforms and devices
- Only available in the US
- Not many hit shows
- No Roku channel
#6. XUMO: Free Streaming TV Shows and Movies
Like Pluto TV, XUMO is a free over-the-top streaming service that offers over 180 channels, as well as a library of on-demand movies — all without the rigmarole of a monthly subscription. New channels are added to the app every week, so there’s always fresh content in the ever-changing lineup.
Taking advantage of agreements with several major television manufacturers, XUMO appears as a default option on many brands of smart TVs. It is also available as a downloadable app on both Android and iOS devices.
In early 2020, XUMO was acquired by Comcast. In January 2021, Comcast announced that Xumo has 24 million monthly active users.
- Blend of live and on-demand content
- Customizable user experience using favorites
- Cast to your television
- Dated on-demand content
- Short and abbreviated content on some channels
- No way to pause or rewind live channels
#7. Viki: Asian Drama, Movies & TV
Viki offers a huge array of Asian movies and TV shows, including Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese and, of course, Korean. A Wide variety of languages in subtitles is provided such as English, French, Japanese, Hindi, etc.
Price: Viki is free! They do have a subscription service called Viki Pass, that lets you watch exclusive content, free of ads, and in HD when available. If you do not wish to pay a subscription, you can still watch most of the content with ads and SD quality.
- No registration needed, smooth and free to use
- Distributes wide range of Asian dramas of different genres
- Multiple subtitle options
- Pop-up ads may appear during video playback
- Requires VPN in some areas
#8. Popcornflix™ – Movies & TV
Popcornflix is an app like Pluto TV that offers you a 100% free stream legally! That means you can watch free movies and shows, and you do not have to get involved in the world of piracy anymore. The Popcornflix streaming app uses ads to make money. In return, you get to explore a huge range of movies and shows to stream and download for free.
The range includes a Hollywood collection of over 700 movies to stream anytime, anywhere! You don’t even have to sign up or take any subscriptions to access the content. The Popcornflix free movies collection includes content genres such as Sci-FI, Comedy, Romance, Action, and more.
- A good range of movies and TV series
- Signup process is optional
- Available in more than 60 countries
- Video quality might not be up to 2021 standard
- Geo-blocked outside the US
#9. The NBC App – Stream TV Shows
The NBC app features live and on-demand content from NBCUniversal’s networks, including NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, MSNBC and USA.
You’ll need to sign in with a pay TV provider (cable, satellite or a live TV streaming service) to view live feeds of NBC and its cable networks, but there is one exception. NBC News Now is free to all users.
The NBC app features a Watch for Free section on its home screen to quickly identify content that doesn’t require a pay TV login. Titles include Law and Order, Debris, Dateline, Young Rock, House and more. But don’t expect to find every episode of any particular series.
Price: NBC app is completely free and also, you can easily access to their sites at no cost.
- Watch episodes of brand-new NBC series the day after they air
- Watch TV shows via the NBC Live Stream
- Stream live news, local or national
- Stream timeless episodes of throwback TV shows for free
- Constantly tries to buffer live TV stream without ever succeeding
- There is ALWAYS something wrong
#10. The Roku Channel
Roku Channel must be added to our list of apps similar to Pluto TV.
The Roku Channel is an on-demand streaming TV content option aimed at users of Roku streaming devices. It offers free streaming options for both movies and television series. The free content includes classic marquee films like The Dark Knight and The Terminator, and provides access to several popular television series like Growing Pains, Who’s The Boss? and The Bachelorette.
Note: You can watch The Roku Channel without access to a Roku device, but that may require signing up for a Roku.com account.
- Surprisingly good movie and TV on-demand selection
- Live streaming TV also included
- Advert load is moderate (up to 8 minutes/hour)
- Limited availability on non-Roku streaming devices
- Does not feature much new release content for free
- The Roku Channel is ad-supported, so you get advert breaks while you’re watching
While Pluto TV provides users with a wide range of channels to choose from, more free streaming services like Pluto TV still provide you with more movies and TV shows.
Why not download them right now and find new movies and TV series?