Top 12 Apps Like Tubi TV to Watch Movies and TV Shows
Tubi TV provides you TV shows and movies in high quality for free. Also, you can create your own list of TV shows which you want to watch later.
However, sometimes, Tubi does not update the recent releases. Therefore, we checked and compiled a list of apps like Tubi TV for you to enjoy more movies and TV shows.
In this list, you’ll see 6 free TV streaming apps like Tubi TV, including Pluto TV, Crackle, IMDb, Viki and more. Also, if you are annoyed with ads, we introduced another 6 paid streaming platforms similar to Tubi TV, including Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, HBO Max, Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video.
Let’s check them one by one.
1. Peacock TV: Stream TV & Movies
The first online movie and TV shows streaming app like Tubi is Peacock TV.
Like Tubi TV, Peacock’s biggest feature is that much of its content is free to stream (with ads), so you can watch classic series like Parks and Recreation, Two and a Half Men, Battlestar Galactica, and more. It’s also the exclusive streaming home for Parks and Recreation and The Office in the US, and more recently, it added WWE pro wrestling, including access to its pay-per-view events.
Price: If you want to watch even more content, and Peacock originals like the reboots of Saved by the Bell and Punky Brewster, you can pay $4.99 a month for Peacock Premium (with ads) or $9.99 a month (without ads). There is a seven-day free trial available.
- Over 13,000 hours of free content
- Live channels
- Next-day access to a few NBC shows
- Set parental controls
- Full access to major shows, originals and live sports isn’t free
- Few original series or movies from the past decade
- Missing features like mobile downloads for all tiers and 4K HDR
2. Vudu – Movies & TV
Vudu is an excellent app like Tubi for streaming movies and TV series on mobile devices. Different from most TV streaming apps in this list, Vudu is a streaming service with a pay-as-you-go model, boasting a library of over 14000 movies and 1500 TV shows. There are no fees or subscription charges. Instead, you can rent or buy movies and shows. You’ll only be paying for what you watch.
While it’s a movie rental service, it still offers more than 5000 titles for free – as long as you put up with ads.
- Over 10,000 free movies and TV shows
- Has some original content, with more coming soon
- Child protection options
- Dated TV series options
- Most rentals only last 24 hours
- Geo-blocked outside the US
🔥You May Also Like: Top 10 Apps Like Vudu to Watch TV Shows and Movies Online
3. Crackle – Movies & TV
Partially owned by Sony Pictures Television, Crackle offers a selection of movies and series from Sony subsidiaries and friends, as well as a smattering of original content. There are around 150 feature-length movies and 75 shows available on the platform. Binge watchers will have additional motivation with Crackle, as the content lineup changes monthly.
Price: Crackle TV is a completely free streaming service
- Quality original content from Sony
- No registration required to stream content
- The stuff isn’t as new as you’d want
- Doesn’t have full HD streams
- Geo-blocked outside the US and Canada
🔥You May Also Like: 10 Free Apps Like Crackle: Best TV Streaming Services
4. Pluto TV – Live TV and Movies
As one of Tubi TV competitors, Pluto TV is a free live-stream television and on-demand video service from ViacomCBS. It has more than 250 unique live channels that stream content — with commercial breaks — at no charge to the consumer.
Content providers range from Viacom properties like MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central to major news platforms like NBC, CBS and CNN.
- TV shows and movies in dozens of genres
- Easy to browse TV channels and movie listings
- Mobile apps cast to a smart TV
- Free to use, no registration needed
- The app doesn’t have a search function
- Need an account to customize your experience
- Ads play multiple times
- GEO-blocked outside of the US
🔥You May Also Like: 10 Free Streaming TV Apps Like Pluto TV in 2021
5. IMDb: Movies & TV Shows
IMDb TV is a spinoff of Amazon’s Prime Video – and it’s free! It contains everything from movies to TV series to IMDb TV originals.
I especially like how this platform retained the essence of IMDb by displaying the shows and movies by their popularity and ratings. Also, it provides encyclopedic insight about more than 6.5 million movies and TV shows.
Price: Viewers can watch all of the content on the service for free
- Decent collection of TV shows and movies
- Supports multiple platforms and devices
- Only available in the US
- Not many hit shows
- No Roku channel
6. Viki: Asian Drama, Movies & TV
As a good alternative to Tubi, Viki offers a huge array of Asian movies and TV shows, including Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese and, of course, Korean. A Wide variety of languages in subtitles is provided such as English, French, Japanese, Hindi, etc.
Price: Viki is free! They do have a subscription service called Viki Pass, that lets you watch exclusive content, free of ads, and in HD when available. If you do not wish to pay a subscription, you can still watch most of the content with ads and SD quality.
- No registration needed, smooth and free to use
- Distributes wide range of Asian dramas of different genres
- Multiple subtitle options
- Pop-up ads may appear during video playback
- Requires VPN in some areas
With over 10,000 TV shows and movies to choose from, Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services out there today. It includes a wide variety of familiar network shows and more original series, films, documentaries and specials than any of its myriad competitors.
You can watch Netflix through any internet-connected device that offers the Netflix app, including smart TVs, game consoles, streaming media players, set-top boxes, smartphones, and tablets.
Price: Netflix has three simple plans to choose from: Basic for $8.99, Standard for $13.99, and Premium for $17.99.
- Massive library, including popular original content
- No ads in any subscription
- Handy features, including downloadable content and personalized profiles
- The shows that you can watch on Netflix are contingent to the region where you live.
- Delayed updates
- No live sports
Disney Plus is a great Tubi TV alternative if you have kids, with tons of classic and current family movies and TV shows to watch under one service. You can watch nearly all the Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel Cinematic Universe movies on Disney Plus as well.
Price: $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year, or bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu for $13.99 per month.
- Disney, Star Wars, Marvel content
- Supports family sharing and parental controls
- Allows offline downloading
- Easy-to-navigate interface, with 4K HDR available for some titles
- No big original hits beyond The Mandalorian and WandaVision
- Little customization of kids’ profiles
- Unlike HBO Max, the biggest theatrical movies cost extra at first
9. Hulu: Stream movies & TV shows
Like Tubi, Hulu offers various shows and movies both old and new, and even Hulu originals. What makes Hulu special is that it releases new episodes of some of the most popular shows around a day or so after they are aired on TV.
Price: Plans start at $5.99 per month with commercials; $9.99 without commercials; and Hulu plus live TV for $54.99 per month. You can also sign up for a bundle with Disney+ and ESPN+ starting at $13.99 a month for all three, plus an additional charge for ad-free Hulu.
- Good collection of familiar shows and programs
- New shows available immediately as they air
- Access to local channels
- Robust cloud DVR option
- Can bundle with Disney+ and ESPN+
- No offline option
- Add-ons add-up in price
- Only two simultaneous streams in the base subscription
- Only available in thew US and Japan
10. Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is another potent alternative to Tubi TV out there. It offers plenty of popular movies and TV shows and has great original programming. The shows that stand out are The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Man In The High Castle, The Boys, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, to name a few.
Price: If you’re an Amazon Prime Member, you can get access to Amazon Prime Video absolutely free. But if you’re not, it’s still a great deal at only $8.99 a month.
- More than 200 original shows and movies
- 4K and HDR streaming options
- Offline download available
- Included with Amazon Prime subscription
- Episodes not available as soon as they air
- Limited original content
11. HBO Max: Stream TV & Movies
HBO Go and HBO Now are dead – long live HBO Max!
HBO’s video streaming service has a lot to offer. You will always find something interesting to watch, from recent hit shows like Chernobyl to older ones like The Sopranos. Other great HBO shows worth mentioning include Westworld, Game of Thrones, and Barry.
Price: HBO Max retails for $14.99 a month. There’s also a new, cheaper plan, at $9.99 a month, but it throws in up to four minutes of ads per hour.
- HBO content without the need to sign-up for cable
- Impressive exclusives
- Extensive Warner Bros. film and TV library
- Brand new Warner Bros. films for 2021
- Only available in the US
- 2021 film slate only available on higher priced plan
12. Sling: Live TV, Shows & Movies
Sling TV is a unique streaming video app similar to Tubi. It is the top international TV service in the U.S., offering South Asian (Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Urdu, and many more), Middle Eastern (Arabic), European (French, German, Greek, Italian, and Polish), South American (Brazilian), and East Asian (Cantonese, Mandarin, and Taiwanese) channels in dozens of languages, plus international sports packages (cricket, soccer, and other world sports).
Price: Sling offers three packages: The Orange Package, the Blue Package and the Combination Orange/Blue package. The Sling Orange package is only $20 a month and offers roughly 28 channels. Sling’s Blue Package costs $25 a month and offers 44 channels. The channels on Sling Blue are different from the channels on Sling Orange. You can also get a combination of the two packages for $40 a month.
- Good selection of channels
- Flexible subscription options
- Reliable streaming performance
- Movie rentals available
- No contracts
- Limited offering of local channels and regional sports networks
- Package options can be confusing
These all are the best apps like Tubi TV which you can download from App Store or Google Play. Every platform has its unique advantages. If you can not find your movies or TV episodes in some websites, just try another and you will get the surprise. I hope they can help you to enjoy videos!