Chatbooks Review: Turn Digital Photos into Photo Books
At the beginning of 2022, I put “make a photo book” on the to do list. Then, I tested many photo books apps or service, including Chatbooks, Mixbook and Shutterfly.
In this Chatbooks review, I’ll share my experience with Chatbooks. I’d like to say Chatbooks is a good choice to turn photos on your phone or computer into photo books.
Why? Just keep reading.
Chatbooks Review – Overview
The Chatbooks app can automatically uploads your photos if you connect the app with your social media account, and then puts them in an album. If you don’t post much on social media, using your smartphone camera is easiest. Once the album hits 60 photos, it’s ready to ship out. Of course, you still have 3 days to edit, remove, add, etc. Once you’ve submitted your order, you can expect the photo book in your hands in five to nine days if you’re in the United States. And these photo books only start at $10.
Chatbooks is a great solution if:
- You have thousands of photos on your phone, computer, social media account and want to print them out and treasure forever；
- You’re too busy for scrapbooking (Printing the photos, buying a book, figuring out how to create a pretty display…);
- You need a solution that won’t break the bank.
How to Use Chatbooks
Chatbooks is very easy to use and it can be available on both website and the app.
Use Chatbooks on Website
Step 1. Go to chatbooks.com > Sign up > click ‘Get Started’.
Step 2. Select from “Ongoing Book Series”, “Monthly Minis” or more.
Step 3. Select book size (‘8×8’ or ‘6×6’) and cover type (softcover or hardcover).
Step 4. Click ‘Add Photos’. Then, you can select how you would like to upload your photos, whether from social media or from your computer.
Step 5. Now you can edit, remove or rearrange your photos. When everything is ready, summit the order.
Use Chatbooks App
Step 1. Sign into your Chatbooks account.
Step 2. From your Home screen, tap the blue “+” sign at the bottom of your screen.
Step 3. Tap “Standard Photo Book”, “Ongoing Photo Book Series” or “Premium Layflat Book”.
Step 4. Tap “Create My Book”.
Step 5. Choose a photo source from which to pull your pictures.
Step 6. Tap the photos you’d like to have added.
Step 7. Tap “Add” at the top of the screen and your photos will be placed into your new Custom Book!
Step 8. Allow a minute or two for your photos to fully sync into your new Custom Chatbook.
Chatbooks Review: Formats, Sizes, and Prices
- Ongoing Book Series – These books start at $10 and free shipping is included to U.S. addresses. A new book is created every time your Instagram, Facebook, or camera roll accumulates 60 photos (you can review and edit each book before printing). Sizes are 6” x 6” or 8” x 8” with a hard or softcover. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
- Standard Photo Book – Pricing starts at $10 (shipping not included) for the first 30 pages; additional pages can be added for an extra fee. Sizes include 6” x 6”, 8” x 8”, and 10” x 10”. A standard photo book is the perfect way to print your entire year, vacation, or special occasion. You can fill the book with up to 366 pages.
- Monthly Minis – Cost is $5 per month and includes free shipping. These take photos directly from the camera roll on your phone and can only be created using the Chatbooks app. The size is 5” x 5” which is perfect for little hands. Softcover only. You’ll get a FREE Monthly Mini when you subscribe.
- Premium Layflat Books – Starting at $60 (shipping not included), these are a more expensive option for weddings, special occasions, or gifts. The price includes the first 20 pages, but you can add up to 100 pages (additional fee applies). The books are printed on premium archival Mohawk paper, which has 5x’s thicker than the Standard Photo Book pages. The size is 10” x 10”.
Aside from these, you can print some cards too.
What I Love About Chatbooks
- It is simple – Upload photos from camera roll or social media account and then no formatting to fuss with: one picture per page, with the date on the top and the caption below.
- Integrated app – You don’t have to open the computer. You can easily import pictures from your phone’s gallery, or even your Instagram or Facebook account.
- Automatically print books – Once you connect your Instagram account with Chatbooks – after you’ve posted 60 pictures – Chatbooks will automatically collect them into a book for you and send it to your house. Better yet, it doesn’t have to be just you who contributes to the books. You can connect as many people as you want.
- Cost effective – You can get a 60-page photo book with $10, including free shipping.
Chatbooks Review – The Final Verdict
I love Chatbooks because it is the EASIEST way to create quick photo albums.
More detailly, Chatbooks is fast, cheap, good quality, and totally child friendly.
If you are going to make a photo book, all you need to do is go to the https://chatbooks.com/ or download their app to get started.