An Honest Review of the Fluent Forever App in 2024
People always want to learn something new and many of you may try to learn a new language. There are various apps like Duolingo and Babbel in existence that help make this easier. However, in this review post, I want to introduce the Fluent Forever mobile app to you.
- Babbel vs Duolingo: Is Babbel or Duolingo Better
- Babbel vs Rosetta Stone: Is Babbel better than Rosetta Stone
- Pimsleur vs Rosetta Stone 2024: Which is More Effective to Learn Language
- Memrise vs Duolingo 2024: Which is Right for You
What’s Fluent Forever App?
Fluent Forever is a revolutionary language learning method developed by Gabriel Wyner, an opera singer who needed to learn multiple languages quickly and retain them forever. It uses flashcards and a spaced repetition algorithm to help the learner create meaningful connections with the language and commit language items to long-term memory.
How Does Fluent Forever Work?
The basis of the Fluent Forever method is what they call The Four-Step Method. The steps are:
Step 1: Train your ears with pronunciation lessons
Step 2: Learn vocabulary through images instead of translations
Step 3: Learn grammar naturally through stories relevant to you
Step 4: Practice your speech to fluency through practice with native tutors (in development)
Main Features of Fluent Forever App
1. Learn how to pronounce like a native with instructional videos, exercises, and ear training.
2. Build your base vocabulary of the most frequently used words quickly using smart flashcards with advanced image search.
3. Learn grammar intuitively by building sentences using words you’ve learned.
4. Review your personalized flashcards in our spaced repetition system to store them into your long-term memory.
The Languages the Fluent Forever App Support
There are currently 11 languages available on the Fluent Forever app: Spanish (Latin American & Castilian), French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Dutch, & Hebrew.
How Much is Fluent Forever App?
- $9.99/month when paid on a monthly basis.
- $53.94 for a 6-month subscription ($8.99/month)
- $95.88 for a 12-month subscription ($7.99/month)
- $167.76 for a 24-month subscription ($6.99/month)
There’s a free 14-day trial available that gives you full access to all of the languages on the app. You’ll be prompted to select one language if you decided to pay for the app after the trial. If you pay for a subscription instead of per-month, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Reviews: Pros & Cons of Fluent Forever App
- Spaced Repetition Algorithm
- Simple word-picture associations
- Intelligent Word Order: the app groups words into themes (red – apple – food) rather than categories
- There are no explanations for grammar points.
- There’s no offline functionality, and the app is only supported on mobile devices
- The app is still very much in development and hasn’t yet achieved everything it set out to do.
Finally, Fluent Forever app is best for people who are able to dedicate ample time and supplementary resources to learning a new language.