15 Apps Like Ibotta for Cash Back and Rewards in 2022
Ibotta is one of the best shopping cashback apps. However, when it comes to saving money, you can never have too many options available.
Here, we pick 15 apps like Ibotta that can help you save on everyday purchases. All of these apps are completely FREE, and the majority of them come with sign-up bonuses.
Let’s get to it!
Top Apps Like Ibotta
1. Fetch Rewards
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, Fetch Rewards (formerly MobiSave) is a fast-growing consumer loyalty app. In April 2021, Fetch Rewards marked a milestone of one billion receipts scanned.
Fetch Rewards gives new users 2,000 points ($2 value) when they sign up with a referral code. To get started, download the app directly from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
Typically, there are 5 main ways to earn points
1) Special Offers – There are usually several dozen Special Offers available from the Fetch Rewards app at any given time. Simply upload a receipt with a participating item and you’ll receive bonus points.
2) Participating Brands – Just like Ibotta they also work directly with popular brands to bring you savings on thousands of products every day.
3) Groceries from Any Store – When you shop at any of the following stores, you’ll earn at least 25 points per receipt:
- Grocery retailers
- Club stores
- Home improvement and hardware stores
- Pet stores
- Liquor stores
- Convenience stores
- Gas station receipts (from the inside register)
4) All Other Retail Receipts – You can also earn points with Fetch Rewards when you upload shopping or dining receipts from any other retailers.
5) Huggies Rewards+ Fetch – The final way to earn points is through the Huggies Rewards+ Fetch program. Fetch Rewards users who opt-in to this program can earn bonus points when they buy diapers.
🔥You May Also Like: 11 Apps Like Fetch Rewards That PAY YOU to Scan Your Receipts!
Shopkick is another app like Ibotta that rewards members for online and in-store shopping. The app rewards you with “Kicks” for:
- Walking into stores
- Scanning items
- Submitting receipts of in-store or in-app purchases
- Watching videos
- And more
Kicks can be redeemed for gift cards for select retailers such as Amazon, Starbucks, Target, and Walmart. Every 250 kicks get you $1, and you can earn hundreds of kicks in a single transaction.
Bonus: Referring a friend to Shopkick earns you up to 2,500 kicks. Your referral link can be found in the app once you’ve downloaded it.
🔥You May Also Like: 10 Apps Like Shopkick That Reward You for Everyday Shopping
3. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is a simple cash back app that rewards users for grocery shopping, gas purchases, and online purchases.
If you’re an Ibotta user, you’ll immediately understand how Checkout 51 works. In fact, the process is nearly identical. You can browse and choose offers within the app and then upload a photo of your receipt to verify your purchase. This earns you cash back rebates.
Unlike some other cash back apps, Checkout 51 features grocery offers that aren’t store-specific. You can fulfill an offer at any grocery store, drugstore, big-box store, or convenience store.
Checkout 51 also offers cash back for gas purchases. All gas station offers are store-specific. You can browse gas stations in your area and choose an offer that works well for you, add the offer to your account, and then upload your receipt.
You can cash out once you reach $20 in your account.
NCP mobile app is essentially a barcode scanning reward app for US shoppers. It’s similar to receipt scanning apps like Ibotta except that, instead of scanning your receipts, you have to scan the barcode of each individual item to earn rewards.
The longer you’ve been using the app; the more points you’ll earn per transmission. At the start, you’ll earn 150 points each time. This increases year on year and, by year 5, you’ll earn around 280 points each time.
If 150 points per submission seems a little slow, there are also bonus points available. These can boost your total point count much more quickly.
Here are the different bonus points available through the app:
- Signup bonus – 1,000 points
- Welcome survey – 500 points
- Birthday bonus – 250 points
- 3-month anniversary bonus – 1,500 points
- 6-month anniversary bonus – 1,000 points
- Yearly anniversary bonus – 1,000 points
The NCP mobile app doesn’t pay out in cash or PayPal deposits so, technically, you won’t make any real money using the app. However, points can be redeemed against gift cards and items with a real cash value. $10 gift card costs 6,000 points.
RetailMeNot is an app which describes themselves as the world’s largest digital coupon marketplace, giving consumers from all over the world access to coupons from a wide variety of retailers.
Actually, this app offers various ways to save, including access to coupons, product deals, discounted gift cards and digital rebates.
RetailMeNot cash back offers vary by retailer, and not all stores offer the incentive — but many do. Some offer 10% cash back on your online purchase while others offer 1% cash back.
When you receive your cashback reward, it will be in US dollars and it will be credited to your RetailMeNot wallet. You can then withdraw it anytime using PayPal or Venmo.
Shopmium works exactly like Ibotta. Just scan your receipt and they will give you money if your purchases qualify for their offers.
To get in on the goodies, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Install the app on your smartphone.
- Select a product offer from the Shopmium list. Find the product in any store
- Buy the product and make sure to hang on to your purchase receipt.
- Scan the product bar code and take a picture of your receipt
- Request your cash back rebate
- Upon request verification, receive your cash back rebate
The amount you can earn from Shopmium will mostly depend on how often you avail of their offers. In case it is not clear, you will have to spend money to earn money from this site.
The best part is there is no minimum payout. So as soon as your purchases are verified and approved, your money will be sent to PayPal or directly to your bank account.
Dosh is a cash-back app that allows you to link your credit or debit card and receive automatic rewards when you shop, dine, and book hotel stays.
Many people like Dosh because it automatically sends cash back without the usual hassle involved. No coupons, no scanning receipts, no promo codes, no clicking on a special button. Just shop normally and get cash back.
Download the app, securely link your credit or debit card, and shop as you normally would. As you start making purchases at participating stores, any points earned are immediately added to your Dosh Wallet. Once your balance reaches the minimum of $25, you can cash out via direct deposit or PayPal.
Like Dosh, the Drop app tracks your debit and credit card purchases and automatically adds Drop points to your account when you spend at certain merchants you’ve picked from their list.
When you reach a certain threshold, you can redeem Drop points for gift cards to popular retailers, like Amazon, Dunkin Donuts, Apple, American Airlines, and many more.
In a nutshell, the Drop app works in 5 simple steps.
- Download & Sign Up – Create a free Drop account after downloading the mobile app.
- Connect a Card – Connect your credit or debit card to the app.
- Shop Online Through Drop – Drop members earn through special offers and (un)Limited Drops, which I explain later on in our review!
- Earn Drop Points – Earn points for shopping at Drop partners, by playing mobile games, and from answering surveys.
- Redeem – redeem your Drop points for gift card rewards.
Coupons.com is another free website and app like Ibotta that helps you save money on groceries and other items by providing coupons, linking your loyalty accounts and giving you cash back for uploading your receipts after certain purchases.
You can download the app or visit the website and browse coupons, promo codes and cash back offers to save on eligible purchases.
Specifically, Coupons.com offers free printable and digital coupons on its website and cash back offers in its app. Both resources are free to use. If you use printable coupons or promo codes, you’ll be able to save instantly when you make a purchase. You can also link a store’s loyalty account to use digital coupons or manually upload receipts to earn cash back.
Coupons.com only pays through PayPal, so you’ll need to either have an existing PayPal account or create one and tie it to your Coupons.com account.
10. Receipt Hog
Receipt Hog is a free that helps you turn receipts into cash by uploading pictures of your shopping receipts and answering questions about your shopping trip. The idea is pretty self-explanatory, especially if you’ve used apps like Ibotta and Fetch Rewards before.
If you want to make money with Receipt Hog, this is how you get started:
- Download the free app on your mobile device.
- Create an account with your email address or Facebook.
- Shop and keep your receipts! This step is critical for using the app.
- Take a photo of your receipt by using Receipt Hog’s in-app scanner.
- Earn rewards for valid receipts.
Rewards include things like in-app bonuses, sweepstakes entries and “coins” that you can redeem for cash. The app gives coins based on how much was spent on the receipt. Here is the breakdown:
- If you spend $10 you can earn 5 coins
- If you spend $10-$50 you can earn 10 coins
- If you spend $50-$100 you can earn 15 coins
- If you spend $100+ you can earn 20 coins
Once you earn 1,000 coins, you’ll be able to cash out. $5 costs 1,000 coins.
ReceiptPal is an app that lets you earn rewards for simply snapping pictures of grocery receipts and other receipts.
With ReceiptPal, you earn points every time you scan a receipt. You can submit pictures of any receipt from stores where you purchased things. Retail stores, restaurants, pharmacies, gas stations, convenience stores and clothing stores all qualify.
And as an added bonus, all of your receipts are stored on the mobile app so you can keep track of your spending too.
Once you earn enough points you can cash out for rewards. Their rewards system is broken down into 3 levels:
- Level 1 – $5 gift cards (2,200 points minimum)
- Level 2 – $10-$25 gift cards (4,000 points minimum)
- Level 3 – $50-100 gift cards (17,250 points minimum)
If you are searching for the best apps like Ibotta to do online shopping, then Rakuten is your go-to app.
Rakuten is a large e-commerce and internet company based in Tokyo. Since its founding in 1997, it has shaped the way people shop online. It offers not only cashback but also various deals and rewards on a large selection of products and services.
Rakuten members can shop at their favorite online stores and marketplaces via a link found on the Rakuten website or app. These stores then pay a customer referral fee to Rakuten, and you, as the customer, are paid a portion of this merchant payout by Rakuten. In other words, you earn cashback on each purchase.
Rakuten has partnerships with over 2,500 stores. This includes big names like Nordstrom, Walmart, Amazon, Sephora, and Target. Almost anything you would shop for on a regular basis can be eligible for cashback through Rakuten.
Bonus: You can earn $10 when you first join Rakuten by making a $25 purchase within 3 months through Rakuten.
The Freebird app will give you cash back for taking rides on Uber and Lyft. If you’re someone who uses these ridesharing apps, Freebird is right for you.
Once you download the Freebird app, you’re asked to connect your Uber and Lyft accounts to it. After you do, simply order your Uber and Lyft rides through the Freebird app and you’ll earn points for every ride you take which can then be redeemed for cash right into your bank account.
Additionally, Freebird partners with a ton of bars and restaurants, so if you take a ride to one of those places, Freebird will pay you an extra $4 to $5 per ride.
It’s worth mentioning that Freebird is compatible with any existing promotions that Uber and Lyft is running so there’s no need to be afraid of missing out on those discounts by using Freebird.
Tada started out as a shop-by-catalog business (called ShopAtHome) way back in 1986, and eventually shifted gears to become a coupon and cash-back portal.
Since Tada operates mainly as a cash-back site, you’ll gain the most rewards from spending money at specific stores.
Once you navigate to Tada, you can click on the “All Stores” button to see what cash-back offers you can take advantage of. Stores are listed in alphabetical order, along with the number of coupons available. You’ll also see the amount of cash-back you can receive. Most cash-back offers stand at a few percentage points, but some offer anywhere from 10% to 15%.
Also, Tada offers a $10 sign-up bonus, but you’ll have to spend at least $25 via the cash-back portal within 30 days of signing up — as well as receive a minimum of 25 cents cash-back for that purchase — in order to receive it.
Honey is a free mobile app and online browser extension that helps you find savings on products from over 30,000 online retailers.
Once you’ve downloaded the Honey mobile app or online browser extension, it’s time to start using it to save money on your online purchases. Here are some of Honey’s best features and how they work:
- Coupons – Honey’s most attractive feature is finding coupons for you to use at your favorite online stores. Since there’s no cost to use Honey, you get the opportunity to save money whenever you shop online at any store where Honey works.
- Honey Gold – Honey Gold lets you earn rewards whenever you make a purchase at one of more than 4,000 participating online stores.
- Droplist – With the Droplist, you can have Honey monitor the price of an item for 30, 60, 90, or 120 days. You can monitor any number of items you want and receive notifications in your email when your item’s price drops to the target you initially set.
- Honey Tips – Honey Tips are designed to help you learn how to manage your money more effectively and make the best buying decisions possible as you’re doing your online shopping.
With these apps like Ibotta, you can easily earn extra cash and save money. To really maximize your earning potential with these apps, you can sign up for more than one of them. The deals in each may vary monthly or weekly, so the best deal for you might be in a different app each week.
And, if you’re looking for even more lucrative options for making money with your smartphone, you can keep reading: