Fix Twitch Black Screen Easily (Chrome, Desktop and App)
Twitch is really an amazing and very popular online game streaming website. Many gamers use it a lot to watch live video game streaming.
Sometimes, users may face a black screen issue when watch twitch game streaming on Google Chrome or on Twitch App.
Fixed: Twitch Is Giving Me A Black Screen in Chrome
Solution 1: Allow Flash player and Java script
- Type chrome://settings/content in the google chrome address bar and press Enter.
- Go back and click on Flash button in order to open Flash Player settings in Chrome.
- Change Block sites from running Flash to Ask first by clicking the switch button.
- Click Add in front of Allow and add https://twitch.tv in the allow list.
- Restart your browser.
Solution 2: Update Google browser or reinstall Google Chrome
It is always a good practice to update your browser because every new release fixes a lot of bugs in the outdated version. Google Chrome updates typically install themselves but you can manually trigger an update by visiting the “About Google Chrome” page.
If updating your browser hasn’t solved the issue, try reinstalling Chrome. This solution requires, obviously, to uninstall it at first and then download the latest installation file from the Chrome website.
Solution 3: Clear the cache, cookies and browsing data
It is a good idea to clear the Google Chrome cache every once in a while. Users have reported that doing so could help fix the black video screen issue. Here is how to clear the data stored in cache:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click ⋮. It’s in the top-right corner of Chrome ‘s window. On older versions of Chrome, this icon will resemble ☰ instead.
- Click More tools and go to Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. In order to delete everything, select All time.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Solution 4: Check Hardware Acceleration Settings
Disabling hardware acceleration setting fixes the Twitch black screen during video play. You can disable hardware acceleration by following the steps described below:
- in Google Chrome address bar type chrome://settings/system and press Enter.
- Click on Use hardware acceleration when available to disable hardware acceleration (make sure this is set to off).
- relaunch your browser.
Solution 5: Do not use VPN or Proxy server
Sometimes if you are using some proxy server or VPN to access Twitch, it might be possible to see the black screen on Twitch while streaming. If this is the case, we recommend you to access Twitch without proxy or VPN.
Fixed: Twitch App Completely Black Screen
If you are still experiencing Twitch App Black Screen, please try these steps in the following order:
- Uninstall the Twitch app
- Restart your phone.
- Reinstall the Twitch App and launch it.
Fixed: Twitch Desktop App Black Screen
Solution 1: Try resetting the router
The problem may be arising due to improper communication between the application and the internet. There could be multiple reasons behind this barrier of communication such as MAC address issue, IP address issue, or some other technical problem. Most of the times, this issue is caused by the problematic configuration of router which can be resolved by simply reset the router. You should also restart the system in case the problem is arising due to the problem in system configuration. After the reset, your internet service should work fine which will, in turn, resolve the application issue.
Solution 2: Check Windows Firewall Setting for Twitch App
- Open start menu and type “Firewall”. Click on the highlighted search result to open Windows firewall.
- Now, click on “Advanced settings”.
- Click on “Inbound Rules” to open the list of all inbound rules.
- Find Twitch application in the list of inbound rules. Right click on the rule and click on “Properties”.
- Make sure that the “Enables” checkbox is checked and “Allow the connection” option is highlighted.
- Now, press “Apply” and then press “Ok” to close the window.
- Repeat the procedure for “Outbound Rules” to allow the outgoing traffic as well.
- Reboot the system for changes to take effect. Hopefully, the Twitch application will work without any problem.
Solution 3: Disable Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service.
Twitch does not allow the usage of VPN service while practicing on their platform. If the user is not detected, it is not an issue. But, if a VPN service is detected by Twitch application, It stops the connection temporarily with the host until the service is neutralized. This might be causing the “Twitch application not working” problem in your system. We will recommend you to check whether there is a VPN service running in the background and disable it before launching the application to ensure the proper functioning of the application.
Solution 4: Re-install/Update the application
You can check the website ‘app.twitch.tv’ for the possible update of the application.
By following the above solutions, you can easily resolve the “Twitch black screen” issue.