10 Best Whiteboard Animation Software for Engaging Videos
Whiteboard animation videos are more popular these days as they are eye-catching and a good option to grab the attention of the audience. And to create amazing whiteboard animation videos, you’ll need good whiteboard animation software.
Lots of DIY whiteboard animation software have been popping up in recent years. Some are good, some are terrible, and some are just plain confusing, which make us difficult to choose the right one. In addition, some of us have been led to believe that creating a whiteboard animation video is expensive and requires exceptional talents. However, there are some quality and affordable whiteboard animation software that allow you to create animated videos with ease.
In this article, we will touch on the best and most affordable whiteboard animation software.
Top 10 Best Whiteboard Animation Software Tools
Best for ease of use. Anyone can use it and can create professional looking videos.
If you are looking for the best whiteboard animation software tool, you must have heard of Doodly, as it is one of the most common names. Doodly offers simplicity to its users. Just drag and drop the image onto the canvas, and the software will draw it for you.
- Doodly offers over 1000 custom images by professional graphic artists
- Doodly can create blackboard, green board, and glass board images
- You can upload as many images as you want in a single video
- You can draw and upload images using smart drawing technology
- Offers royalty-free music tracks
- 15 different human hand styles along with 13 cartoon hand styles
Doodly doesn’t offer free trials, you will have to choose from any of the following plans:
- Standard Plan – $39/month
- Enterprise Plan – $69/month
Learn more about Doodly in our full Doodly reviews.
Best for creating captivating video content quickly.
VideoScribe is a popular whiteboard animation tool that allows you to create quick explainer videos. The software allows you to create flawless videos without the need for expensive designers or voice talent.
- You can choose between 9 different background textures.
- Like the background textures, you’ll have options to choose from 13 different hand styles, including a monster hand.
- VideoScribe’s image library is quite large and has more than 6,000 images in 40 different categories, including animals, buildings, shapes, designs, etc.
- The software will also provide you with flexible image customization options.
- It has a built-in voiceover recording option.
- Up to 300 royalty-free audio tracks are available.
- Export high-definition videos.
You can get a 7-day free trial and after that, you can choose from any of the following plans:
- Monthly Plan – $17/month
- Annual plan – $96/year
- Quarterly plan – $35/3 months
Learn more about VideoScribe in our full VideoScribe reviews.
Best for creating animations and live action videos.
Released in 2014, Animaker is a cloud-based animation video maker, which allows the user to create explainer videos using multiple pre-built templates. It has introduced millennial characters to ensure that marketing videos look more engaging and professional. It has more than 50 human-like voiceovers in 25 different languages.
- You can add effects, text and music to make your video even better.
- Create interesting and attractive characters with more than 15 facial features, 20 facial expressions and 10 accessory slots.
- The ‘Smart Move’ function executes complex animations with just one click.
- Give video a professional touch with high-quality screen effects, camera effects, audio tracks, and transitions.
- 1000+ brands use this whiteboard animation software
Based on customer reviews from various websites, Animaker allows most features to be used during free trials, so you can give it a try.
If you want to use all features of the software, Animaker will give you 3 different payment plan options to choose from:
- Basic Plan – $10/month
- Starter Plan – $19/month
- Pro Plan – $39/month
Learn more about Animaker in our full Animaker reviews.
Best for video creation for training, marketing, and e-learning videos.
Vyond, formerly known as Goanimate and rebranded in 2018. It is another whiteboard animation software that offers both contemporary and promotional videos. The software can be used to create commercial videos, tutorials, and educational videos.
- The designer will have a large number of options to create characters with many customizations.
- The interface is quite simple and anyone can easily interact with it.
- Wide variety of templates
- Audio files without copyright
Vyond is the most expensive animation software available on the market today where the cheapest plan will set you back almost $300.
Vyond offers the following 3 plans for its users:
- Essential Plan – $299/year
- Premium Plan – $649/year
- Professional Plan – $999/year
Vyond is a software with a lot of versatility and power, but the cost indicates that it would be best only for large companies or enterprise users.
Learn more about Vyond in our full Vyond reviews.
Best for creating professional and fully customized videos.
PowToon is another whiteboard animation software tool that offers interactive animated presentations. PowToon’s design is simple, interactive, and offers all the basic features you’ll need to design motion graphics for your presentation.
- Supports the creation of corporate, educational and personal videos.
- Easily reuse videos and templates to create new videos at a faster pace.
- A wide variety of royalty free music library.
- PowToon Labs – Offers a large repository of learning materials, including eBooks, infographics, tutorials, webinars, podcasts, and blogs.
- Team collaboration: Take advantage of shared media libraries while following creative and brand guidelines to make collaboration easy.
- CMS Integration: PowToon allows you to publish, embed, attach and store your creatives or videos with your CMS.
PowToon is available for a free trial, but after that, choose any of the following paid plans:
- Pro Plan – $19/month
- Pro Plus Plan – $29/month
- Agency Plan – $59/month
Learn more about PowToon in our full PowToon reviews.
Best for creating videos online with the help of customizable templates.
Introduced in 2012, Moovly is an online whiteboard animation software that will allow you to create innovative, promotional, and explainer videos.
- Animations and transition effects.
- Collaboration and workflow management.
- It has more than 1 million assets.
- It works fine with Chrome or Firefox.
- Stream videos directly to YouTube, Vimeo, and other platforms.
- Export HD quality videos.
Although Moovly has a free plan option, the maximum video length will be limited to just 2 minutes. The other two paid plans are,
- Pro Plan – $49/month
- Max Plan – $99/month
Learn more about Moovly in our full Moovly reviews.
Best for corporate-style logos, promotional videos, slideshows, and animated video tutorials.
If you are looking for an animation tool to help you create professional or corporate style logos, promotional videos and slideshows, and even animated video tutorials, Renderforest might be the best tool for you. Renderforest’s design is quite impressive, but simpler than that even beginners can work like professionals without prior training.
- Simple logo design
- Create high-quality videos using free templates
- Save time with the undo and redo button
- Recommends the best music according to the project
- Suggest a new scene
The Renderforest animation software tool can be used for free, but with limitations. Paid plans include:
- Lite Plan – $7/month
- Hobbyist Plan – $10/month
- Pro Plan – $20/month
- Agency Plan – $40/month
Best for creating professional-looking videos, including 2D and 3D.
Explaindio is often recommended by most professionals for its ease of use and user-friendly design. This all-in-one video maker provides the capabilities to create professional-looking 2D and 3D videos. You will be able to create Doodle sketch videos as well as motion videos. It also has functions to create corporate presentations.
- 3D animation option is available
- Offers multiple timeline editing features
- Never run out of royalty free stock images
- Multiple types of pre-made voiceovers
- Paid members can access to almost 200 text animations and animated scenes
Explaindio offers 3 different payment plans to its users:
- Video Creator Monthly Plan – $37/month
- Video Maker Yearly Plan – $67/month
- Video Creator Single Plan – 7
Best as a screen recorder and video editor.
Camtasia is a popular screen recording software that offers pre-made animation templates. Select a template or record your desktop screen, add some effects, and you’re good to go. It is more suitable for users who want to share tutorials and how-to videos.
It also offers custom templates with animations and effects. You can simply drag and drop these features to create professional, high-quality videos. You can also choose background music and effects from its large library of royalty-free music. On top of that, it allows you to easily record and edit your own sound clips.
- Offers multiple timelines, allowing you to create videos while having independent images, text, or audio tracks.
- Various royalty-free images and music tracks are available within the software.
- Integrated animations for your text, images and logos.
- Editing can also be done in the preview window.
Camtasia costs $249 for a single user license. Each upgrade to the latest version of Camtasia would cost you $99.50. It also offers a 30-day free trial.
Filmora is one of the best video editors for creating whiteboard animation videos. It offers a user-friendly user interface and professional tools like color correction and audio mixer. It also supports 4k/HD and 2D/3D animations and provides keyframes for smooth animation.
- Auto Correct: Helps you achieve a perfect color setting for any photo or video file.
- Review Changes: Allows you to verify changes and give your video a more consistent and visually pleasing look.
- Easily adjust shadows, highlights, and midtones to improve the quality of images and videos.
- Offers preset transitions.
- The built-in screen recorder helps create videos right from your computer.
It costs $89.99 per year. You can also get a lifetime license for $149.99.
This is my list of the best whiteboard animation software to try this year. All of these tools can easily create and edit whiteboard animation videos and come with various USPs.
But you have to select the most suitable tool for your needs. Please review all the tools carefully and go over their key features and price. The tool that fits your needs should be the most suitable for you.