BIGO LIVE Wikipedia: What Is BIGO LIVE
BIGO LIVE Wikipedia: What is BIGO LIVE
Singapore-based BIGO LIVE, the most popular social video streaming app that has taken Southeast Asia by storm was launched on March 12, 2016.
Like Periscope, Live.me and YouNow, BIGO LIVE allows its users to broadcast videos easily. If you don’t want to broadcast yourself, you can follow any broadcaster you like. The main features of the app include:
- Live video streaming;
- Live mobile game streaming;
- 1-1 Video/audio chat;
- Group video/audio chat (multi-guest live);
- Talents PK;
- Send gifts
Till now, BIGO LIVE has reached more than 400 million users around the world. It has topped the Google Play and App store download charts in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, and the Saudi Arabia numerous times. Following its success in Southeast Asia, it expands its footprint to Middle East and US.
BIGO LIVE Wikipedia: The History of BIGO LIVE
- In November 2014, BIGO was founded in Singapore.
- In March 2016, Bigo Live launched and is available in iOS and Android operating systems.
- In April 2016, Bigo Live ranked #1 in Thailand.
- In December 2018, Bigo Live reached 26.7 million MAU (monthly active users) in total.
- In March 2019, USA NASDAQ listed company JOYY Inc. completed acquisition of BIGO Technology.
- In November 2019, Monthly active users of the company’s apps reached over 350 million globally.
- In March 2020, it ranked 6th in the United States and 5th worldwide for streaming apps, based on total in-app purchase revenue.
- In May 2020, Bigo Live ‘Global BIGOer One World Together’ brings together 3.7million people from 150 countries to raise funds for WHO Solidarity Response Fund.
- In June 2020, the Government of India banned BIGO with 58 other Chinese origin apps citing data and privacy issues and added that it was a threat to the sovereignty and security of the country. The border tensions in 2020 between India and China might have also played a role in the ban. If you live in India, find more apps like BIGO LIVE here.
- In July 2020, the Government of Pakistan banned BIGO and warned Tiktok and YouTube over immoral, obscene, and vulgar content. On on Thursday 30th July 2020, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) announced the lifting of the ban on the live streaming app Bigo Live.
- In August 2020, Monthly active users of the company’s apps reached over 457 million globally and Bigo Live reached 29.4 million MAU (monthly active users) in total.
- On 13 June 2021, Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Bangladesh Police arrested five people including the Operation Manager of Bangladesh, a Chinese national, for involvement in Money Laundering and Blackmail. They were charged under Anti-Money Laundering Act, Digital Security Act and Pornography Prevention Act.
BIGO LIVE Wikipedia: How to Use BIGO LIVE
Step 1: Open your phone and go to Google Play or App Store. Then, select the search bar and type “BIGO LIVE”.
Step 2: Download the original app by BIGO TECHNOLOGY PTE.LTD.
Step 3: Open the app and there it will ask you to sign up. You can sign up from Facebook, Google, mobile number, Apple ID and many more.
Step 4: After signing up, you are in BIGO LIVE now. You can see many people are doing live broadcasting.
Step 5: If you want to go live too, just tap the option in the middle. Then, you can add “Title” and “Tags” for your live video streaming. Next, in the lower middle, there is an apparent button – Go LIVE. Simply take on it and you’ll be broadcasting.
Tips: How to Use BIGO LIVE Connector to Install BIGO LIVE on PC?
Downloading Bigo Live App for PC is little tricky, However you just follow these steps:
1. To begin with, you have to download the Bigo Live Connector from Website. It’s accessible to install for windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
2. Complete the Installation procedure and Launch the Connector on your Pc.
3. Open the Bigo mobile application and Scan the Code by Tapping on COMPUTER symbol during Live Broadcasting.
All things are done! Enjoy.
BIGO LIVE Wikipedia: How to Earn Money from BIGO LIVE
Many young people are signing up BIGO LIVE in the hopes of becoming the next Bollywood star and earning some cash, but how can you earn money from BIGO LIVE?
Step 0: Don’t trust any BIGO LIVE hack diamond generator. There’s no such thing as BIGO LIVE hack diamond APK in the world.
Step 1: Download and register BIGO LIVE.
Step 2: Make sure you are showing some of your talents, such as singing and dancing. This will ensure that you have a lot of viewers who will send you virtual gifts which is quite important to earn money.
Step 3. The viewers of your video may provide you with gifts and coins. These coins and gifts get deposited in the gifts and coins tab of your profile. Check out the number of coins and gifts that you have in your profile.
Step 4. Those gifts are turned into beans, which can be exchanged for diamonds or cashed out for real money. You can transfer the money to your bank account, but the money can only be converted after you have a certain amount. That is to say, you must have at least 6,700 beans in your account, which is equal to about US$32.
Step 5. The viewers of your video may provide you with gifts and coins. These coins and gifts get deposited in the gifts and coins tab of your profile. Check out the number of coins and gifts that you have in your profile.
If you want to earn more money via live streaming, here are 7 live streaming apps that pay you. You can choose to live stream on several platforms at the same time.